See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking to the Airport in Las Vegas

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Walking to the Airport in Las Vegas

Didn't know it was an option, but at my age wouldn't ever attempt such a thing. However, this guy did it and liked it.
    https://www.inthelooptravel.com/adve...from-the-strip

Almost can't wait for 21forme and the refinery's comments.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Didn't know it was an option, but at my age wouldn't ever attempt such a thing. However, this guy did it and liked it.
    https://www.inthelooptravel.com/adve...from-the-strip

Almost can't wait for 21forme and the refinery's comments.
    I don't think it is possible, young or old.

When I went to Vegas, I walked two miles up the Strip from MGM Grand to TI, playing Pokemon Go the whole way. Although I did not take a suitcase for my walk.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by LugiaLvl138 View Post
    When I went to Vegas, I walked two miles up the Strip from MGM Grand to TI, playing Pokemon Go the whole way. Although I did not take a suitcase for my walk.
    When I was younger, I can walk from Wynn to MGM in winter. But doing so in summer will kill me.

Both, taxis and walking are extreme. There are cheaper options. A shuttle from any of the hotels cost less, with a bit of luck you can get squished next to a hot lady (and if nothing else, fuel your fantasy) or you could simply rent a car as I do on most visits (except major events where car rentals get expensive).

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This thread is a cool filter for who to have on ignore.

Nice to see you simply admit you're a troll, MWP.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    This thread is a cool filter for who to have on ignore.

Nice to see you simply admit you're a troll, MWP.
    Nice to see you get on threads to let everyone know they are too dumb to catch a troll.

Zee, why don't you use Uber or Lyft? A lot cheaper than a taxi, and probably cheaper than paying for parking?

Not sure about the shuttle costs, never taken one.

Quote Originally Posted by nighterfighter View Post
    The one time I visited Las Vegas the shuttle worked good for me. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was $10 or under, but remember this was way back in 2009. I took a taxi back to the airport. I think it was around $12, but might of gave the driver $15 to include a tip. However, I was staying at the Monte Carlo so taxi didn't have very far to go. Total transportation costs for 6 days in Vegas was $35. I got a senior citizen reduced fare bus pass and used the Deuce bus and also took the bus to Palace Station.

Total cost for 6 days in Vegas was around $1,000. It would probably be at least $1,500 today. I didn't track meal costs because I figured I had to eat anyway and some of my meal costs were comped. Here is a list of my major trip costs back then.
    $423 Airfare on Northwest
    $ 30 Suitcase cost on Northwest
    $ 35 Transportation in Vegas
    $421 Hotel Cost at Monte Carlo (I think it was more but some was comped)
    $ 28 Airport Parking Fee at my Home Airport
    $ 65 Green Chip Party Cost
    $1002 Total Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nighterfighter View Post
    Zee, why don't you use Uber or Lyft? A lot cheaper than a taxi, and probably cheaper than paying for parking?

I usually rent a car (often under $20 a day) cause I move around away from the Strip. For me, it’s less time waiting, less risky too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I usually rent a car (often under $20 a day) cause I move around away from the Strip. For me, it’s less time waiting, less risky too.
    +1. Zee. I do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    +1. Zee. I do the same.
    Some days, I really like you!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Some days, I really like you!
    Geez, you guys are bonding. Might be an idea to share some quality time at a rub and tug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast