See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Number of hands played

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Number of hands played

Previous posted as CaptainJack.

When wonging, is it better to do it in a beginning, middle or end of a session? I have done it to begin and end a session. Results when wonging are extremely satisfying and I'm asking more so to avoid too much heat?

Do number of players or number of hands played effect outcomes? I have noticed very good results with two or three hands against the dealer. One average experience with 4 people, a bad experience with anything more than that, and extremely mixed results when playing one hand against the dealer.

I have not been able to statistically determine if this makes too much of a difference on cvcx. My thoughts would be to play two hands against just the dealer and to never play with more than 2 other people at the table.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyOcean View Post
    Previous posted as CaptainJack.

When wonging, is it better to do it in a beginning, middle or end of a session? I have done it to begin and end a session. Results when wonging are extremely satisfying and I'm asking more so to avoid too much heat?

Do number of players or number of hands played effect outcomes? I have noticed very good results with two or three hands against the dealer. One average experience with 4 people, a bad experience with anything more than that, and extremely mixed results when playing one hand against the dealer.

I have not been able to statistically determine if this makes too much of a difference on cvcx. My thoughts would be to play two hands against just the dealer and to never play with more than 2 other people at the table.
    Your edge varies very little as number of players at the table varies. On the other hand, and quite obviously, the number of hands you get to play, per hour, varies greatly according to number of other players, so, in general, you want to play with as few other players as possible, to get more volume per hour.

Don

With other players if you play more hands you get more volume per hour. No ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    With other players if you play more hands you get more volume per hour. No ?
    No.

If you are by yourself, you get all the hands. With other players, you get half, one quarter, etc.

The same number of hands will be dealt from the shoe, but you yourself will only get a fraction of them.

By yourself you might get 60 hands per hour, for example. With other players it will drop, as the dealer has to collect and pay their bets, take their hands, etc.

With other players ...

With other players ...
    I apparently did not understand what you meant in your original post, nor do I understand what you are trying to say in this one.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.
    Are you saying that playing with other players is irrelevant? Don addressed that in his post, your edge doesn't really vary. But you do get less hands per hour, which he also stated. Less hands per hour would imply less EV, no?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No
    My question is irrelevant. As is irrelevant that I can"t be clear enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nighterfighter View Post
    No.

If you are by yourself, you get all the hands. With other players, you get half, one quarter, etc.

The same number of hands will be dealt from the shoe, but you yourself will only get a fraction of them.

By yourself you might get 60 hands per hour, for example. With other players it will drop, as the dealer has to collect and pay their bets, take their hands, etc.

Is rounds per hour calculated off of the hands you actually play? So if I play two hands, I'm playing double the rate as if I'm playing one hand?

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Your edge varies very little as number of players at the table varies. On the other hand, and quite obviously, the number of hands you get to play, per hour, varies greatly according to number of other players, so, in general, you want to play with as few other players as possible, to get more volume per hour.

Don

Thank you Don, was it just a statistic outlier for me vs the dealer being very bad on my last trip? Does it improve if I play 2 hands vs dealer? I assume no, but I do not want to assume with numbers or counting. Thank You!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DannyOcean View Post
    Is rounds per hour calculated off of the hands you actually play? So if I play two hands, I'm playing double the rate as if I'm playing one hand?
    I think that first part is true, but I'm not sure if it's actually double when you play 2 hands, due to some overhead time-costs on the dealer's part. I'd let someone else confirm if HPH is determined by how many hands you actually get to partake in.

If you play two hands instead of one, you obviously play more hands per hour, provided there are other players at the table. But it can't ever be double. Just do the simple arithmetic.

Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast