See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn, This Just Doesn't Seem Fair

0 out of 7 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Damn, This Just Doesn't Seem Fair

In reading about Pink Chip's desire to come to USA to play blackjack, I decided to check flight costs from Europe. You can get a flight from Paris to Las Vegas for only $407 (Tuesday to Tuesday). On that same airline if I wanted to go to Las Vegas on those same dates I would have to pay over $600 and I live in the Midwest. Yeah I live out in the sticks, but still this does not seem fair that I would have to pay more for an 8 hour trip versus a 15 hour trip. Oh the expenses I have to pay to be able to live in God's country.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You could just drive further and go to a bigger/cheaper airport, take a longer trip, and probably fly to Las Vegas for $150-$300. You know, sort of the equivalent of someone from somewhere else in France having to go to Paris to fly. Why do you feel the need to inflict these silly thoughts on us? Doesn’t seem fair.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yeah, but we can beat the blackjack in our country.

I guess from my location it would cost at least 1000, if that calms you :-)

Stop complaining and move where there are more people than deer.

P.S. airfares are not about distance. They're about supply and demand.

Include road and air trip. Drive down to say, St. Louis, playing along the way, fly Frontier to Las Vegas on Tuesday, return on Saturday (RT cost under $200), drive back playing different routes. Maybe there are cheap flights from other places (Chicago, Detroit) as well.

what's unfair about it?
    airlines are in business to make money. if you live in the middle of nowhere flights are going to be more expensive than if you live near a major airport with lots of flights and competition.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Imagine shoveling your roof and complaining about airfare are the big adventures of your day.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    Imagine shoveling your roof and complaining about airfare are the big adventures of your day.
    sometimes those adventures are augmented by the noted AP’s who notice their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tomf23 View Post
    what's unfair about it?
    airlines are in business to make money. if you live in the middle of nowhere flights are going to be more expensive than if you live near a major airport with lots of flights and competition.
    Why should they be allowed to rip off small communities. The plane out of my area is almost always filled to capacity. True, it isn't a huge plane and to top matters off they get a big subsidy from the FAA. They are making money hand over fist.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Why should they be allowed to rip off small communities. The plane out of my area is almost always filled to capacity. True, it isn't a huge plane and to top matters off they get a big subsidy from the FAA. They are making money hand over fist.
    they're not ripping anyone off.

when you live in the middle of nowhere lots of things are cheaper (for example housing costs are way cheaper) than living in a big city.
    But a few things are often cheaper such as flights. You can't get all of the benefits and none of the drawbacks no matter where you live.

It's a small plane that sometimes is close to full-big deal. In a big city they might run ten of those flights a day and have other airlines doing the same.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    The plane out of my area is almost always filled to capacity. True, it isn't a huge plane and to top matters off they get a big subsidy from the FAA. They are making money hand over fist.
    There ya go. Start your own airline and become rich. You can call it Red Chip Air.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    there ya go. Start your own airline and become rich. You can call it red chip air.
    lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast