See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Deck 60% Pen

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Double Deck 60% Pen

Hi all,
    I am a green chipper, and one of my games is a pretty crappy Double Deck H17 NDAS NRSA
    HE about -0.599% with most dealers cutting off about .8

The only good thing is that I can usually play heads up.
    Do you guys play this?
    Score is bad, and NO is very high.
    Should I play 2 hands heads up in order to bring NO down?
    Or just try to wong out whenever I think I can get away with it to bring that NO down?
    Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Counting_Is_Fun; 08-01-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Hi all,
    I am a green chipper, and one of my games is a pretty crappy Double Deck H17 NDAS NRSA with most dealers cutting off about .8
    The only good thing is that I can usually play heads up.
    Do you guys play this?
    Score is bad, and NO is very high.
    Should I play 2 hands heads up in order to bring NO down?
    Or just try to wong out whenever I think I can get away with to bring that NO down?
    Thanks for your input.
    I’ve played similar rules with lousier pen - not much though. Shitty game. One point, is 2 squares double min, or is min acceptable playing 2 squares. Wonging out means that you could be over and out in 5 minutes.

To make some coin, you play one square with preferably a FAST dealer, spreading large, going to 2 (if not double min) in negative counts in order to get to the next deck quickly. If someone joins you, fart, belch or tell them that you’re a life insurance salesman. The key here is spread with fast ramping, and TOLERANCE. Explore CVCX with various ramps as described above and cSCORE should improve.

Don’t play this game on a weak bankroll, and be prepared for some variance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I’ve played similar rules with lousier pen - not much though. Shitty game. One point, is 2 squares double min, or is min acceptable playing 2 squares. Wonging out means that you could be over and out in 5 minutes.

To make some coin, you play one square with preferably a FAST dealer, spreading large, going to 2 (if not double min) in negative counts in order to get to the next deck quickly. If someone joins you, fart, belch or tell them that you’re a life insurance salesman. The key here is spread with fast ramping, and TOLERANCE. Explore CVCX with various ramps as described above and cSCORE should improve.

Don’t play this game on a weak bankroll, and be prepared for some variance.
    Thanks. It is double minimum when playing 2 hands...but that doesn't concern me. Table minimum is $15...my waiting bet is $25 so it only bumps it up to $30 and my bankroll is fine with that.
    I don't think I can get away with more than about 1-6 spread so I am thinking maybe of playing 2 hands heads up...mostly to reduce NO.
    I love going there because I can always get heads up, and dealers are fairly fast...but that NO just looks terrible. I'm not sure it's worth it.
    Last edited by Counting_Is_Fun; 08-01-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks. It is double minimum when playing 2 hands...but that doesn't concern me. Table minimum is $15...my waiting bet is $25 so it only bumps it up to $30 and my bankroll is fine with that.
    I don't think I can get away with more than about 1-6 spread so I am thinking maybe of playing 2 hands...mostly to reduce NO.
    I love going there because I can always get heads up, and dealers are fairly fast...but that NO just looks terrible. I'm not sure it's worth it.
    You can still play and that is already lucky playing heads up. It i not as bad as you think . but only spreading 1-6 is a bit weak ..

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    You can still play and that is already lucky playing heads up. It i not as bad as you think . but only spreading 1-6 is a bit weak ..
    You don’t last long playing DD with a bigger spread and unless you have multiple DD games, playing heads up and wonging does not work. However, you could still win with 1-6. The pen and rules are quite common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    You don’t last long playing DD with a bigger spread and unless you have multiple DD games, playing heads up and wonging does not work. However, you could still win with 1-6. The pen and rules are quite common these days.
    Maybe so, but ndas is an additional whopper that has to be contended with. Granted, I haven’t simmed that one in quite awhile, but 1-6 doesn’t cut it - not if you want to make some money - which I kinda sorta think is the goal. If you can’t get a meaningful soread on this one, then don’t play.

I’ve crushed good dd, with decent rules and great pen on 1-4 and 1+5 spreads.

A way to spread more than 6:1 is --

Start at 2 hands and ramp them both up to 6:1 in good decks, and drop to one hand at min in bad decks. Caution -- I've been booted doing this and have also been left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    These are precisely the games we want. High tolerance and grind away. 1-6 spread is fine, although if your min is 25 and ur max is 150 ur hourly rate is horrible. If I were you I would bust my ass at 2.5 jobs for a year and save up a real bank. Then when ur grinding away ur at least making 200$/hr or more. Your 30-40$/hr EV isnt really that great IMO for all the shit you will go through. Also, I need a master can you help me?
    So you are playing games with $200+/hr EV? Give me a break lol. You are a moron and everyone here knows that already from your posts. There are real players here.
    Please let us all know when you get out of the red and actually have a career of winning BJ.
    And I already do have a "real bank" or I wouldn't be playing like some of you numbnuts.
    1-6 makes more than $30-$40/hr with good pen and rules.
    And no I won't be your master. Are you crazy, or just a 20 year old living in your parents basement delivering pizzas? Where do these guys keep coming from lately? It's really hurting the forum with all these newbies posting like they know anything at all.
    Last edited by Counting_Is_Fun; 08-08-2019 at 02:28 AM.

what's with this master stuff? sounds weird.

the answer here is that it's a worthwhile game but it's all about hands per hour. you want to be heads up, ideally, and blazing through hands.

I used to play a game like that, except it was DAS instead of NDAS. NDAS really messes it up, IMO. But I'd spread 2x1 to 2x6 up to 2x12 (based on conditions) and it's pretty good. If you're going to play it, IMO then you should just blast away, because you're not going to make any money with a small spread. I would just sim the game, determine what is the minimum you're willing to play it for, then go play it at those stakes/spread.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2021 View Post
    what's with this master stuff? sounds weird.

the answer here is that it's a worthwhile game but it's all about hands per hour. you want to be heads up, ideally, and blazing through hands.
    Uh ok and what is your BJ experience? Duh it's about hands per hour, but that wasn't my question. I already said that it's heads up.

Uh ok and what is your BJ experience? Duh it's about hands per hour, but that wasn't my question. I already said that it's heads up.
    You said you can usually play heads up.

If your questions concern number of hands to play and wonging out at DD, then for an apparent pro that questions others' experience, you sound like a fool.

Those questions have been answered a countless number of times here. Search it you clown.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2021 View Post
    You said you can usually play heads up.

If your questions concern number of hands to play and wonging out at DD, then for an apparent pro that questions others' experience, you sound like a fool.
    Those questions have been answered a countless number of times here. Search it you clown.
    Ha you are seriously showing yourself to be the moron that you are. Just read the original question moron...then pretend not to be a newbie that knows nothing about real BJ play. Then just shut the hell up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast