See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Opinions

Playing a good pen 6D game H17 with good rules but wanting to see if I’m maximizing with spreading min 10 or 15 one hand to two by 150 max starting at T2 two by 50 ramping to two by 75 then 100 125 150 for each true count increase to max out at T6. Thanks for any valuable input

Not optimal. CVCX will confirm. If you don’t have CVCX, you can figure it out yourself as follows.
    1. Calculate the house edge. For sake of argument, assume .5.
    2. True 0 and negative is min 10 or 15.
    3. True 1 is min, or if you’re bankroll is strong and do not mind trading variance with the house, 25.looks a bit more natural.
    4. True 2 gives you you first advantage over the house - 2x50 sounds fine.
    5. If true 2 is .5 advantage, then 3 is .1, which is double, so, double 2x50 at true 2 becomes 2x100 at true 3.

Calculate the incremental increases in advantage from 3-4 - 4-5 etc, and those should be the incremental 8ncreases in wagering.

Thank you and I don’t have cvcx so I wanted to get some input. I had a feeling it was off but max bet is right for bankroll. Been doing it since April and have good results but small sample I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Not optimal. CVCX will confirm. If you don’t have CVCX, you can figure it out yourself as follows.
    1. Calculate the house edge. For sake of argument, assume .5.
    2. True 0 and negative is min 10 or 15.
    3. True 1 is min, or if you’re bankroll is strong and do not mind trading variance with the house, 25.looks a bit more natural.
    4. True 2 gives you you first advantage over the house - 2x50 sounds fine.
    5. If true 2 is .5 advantage, then 3 is .1, which is double, so, double 2x50 at true 2 becomes 2x100 at true 3.

Calculate the incremental increases in advantage from 3-4 - 4-5 etc, and those should be the incremental 8ncreases in wagering.
    I understand what you are saying but its tough to implement. At $10 min. tables, at most I cash in for $200 (usually less). Say, I am playing minimum at 2 x $10, maybe down $75, and count rises to TC+3, now it is difficult to pull out more money to make that 2 x $100 when you have about $100 sitting in front of you. It seems like a giveaway, cashing in for more chips when you have chips in front of you. How do you deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Thank you and I don’t have cvcx so I wanted to get some input. I had a feeling it was off but max bet is right for bankroll. Been doing it since April and have good results but small sample I know.
    I should have added that you should adjust your ramps up or down, depending on house edge.further, you should adjust your ramps depending on deck pen. Last, adjust your ramp to reflect the strength or weakness of your bankroll.

I buy in 800 so I’m prepared for it

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I understand what you are saying but its tough to implement. At $10 min. tables, at most I cash in for $200 (usually less). Say, I am playing minimum at 2 x $10, maybe down $75, and count rises to TC+3, now it is difficult to pull out more money to make that 2 x $100 when you have about $100 sitting in front of you. It seems like a giveaway, cashing in for more chips when you have chips in front of you. How do you deal with that?
    Either pull out more money, or put all your remaining felt money out. If that wins and the count is still good, parlay. If it loses, pull out steamer money and bet big. Lots of ways.

I buy in 800 so I’m prepared for it

With a $10 min bet - DO NOT BUY IN FOR 800 - smells of counter.

I can understand that but been doing this local all over for several months more so I’m two spots but also know lots of staff well so that most likely helps

I can understand that but been doing this local all over for several months more so I’m two spots but also know lots of staff well so that most likely helps
    If you know staff, you are being tracked, whether you play rated or not. I played like that for 4+ years but as I got better playing BJ, my win sessions went up. Some algorithm must have told them, the “upstairs” gave the order and one day, the same staff that greeted and chatted with me were avoiding eye contact, being curt but no conversation, the dealers who were very friendly before were quiet and even the waitress was no longer friendly. Since I was in a state that does not allow backoffs, almost immediately the dealer cut off 2 decks and the next shoe is was cut off half.

The friendly smiles dont don’t mean much. Your career wins or win/loss record kills it.

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There’s something you need to understand. The goal of the house is to empty your wallet. They don’t give a shit about you. They are not your friends. They don’t give a flying fuck if you’ve blown the mortgage and food money.

Any dialogue between myself and critters is insincere from either one to the other. It is only proffered by either one to the other to simulate the appearance of friendly dialogue. It is false. It is a masquerade. It means nothing.

Play the game, do what you have to - but pay heed to what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    There’s something you need to understand. The goal of the house is to empty your wallet. They don’t give a shit about you. They are not your friends. They don’t give a flying fuck if you’ve blown the mortgage and food money.

Any dialogue between myself and critters is insincere from either one to the other. It is only proffered by either one to the other to simulate the appearance of friendly dialogue. It is false. It is a masquerade. It means nothing.

Play the game, do what you have to - but pay heed to what I say.
    Real good truthful post Freighter.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Real good truthful post Freighter.
    Je suis d'accord

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast