Thread: Rounding True Counts?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Rounding True Counts?

How do you typically round true counts? Do you just use basic rounding methods to determine true count, and therefore your bet size? Here's a chart I made that rounded the true counts with decimal points.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The best way is simply to floor them. Don’t make a policy of either rounding up or down, simply floor them.

If you do want a higher degree of accuracy, you can do your sims by half true counts versus full true counts. This would require you to interpolate. You don’t need anything more than this.

PS I never looked at your graph.

Always floor (round down). Rounding up will lead you to believe you have a certain level of advantage that you don't actually have.

Use the method that the counting system uses for indices in order to reduce confusion with betting. That would be flooring, in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by mofungoo View Post
    Use the method that the counting system uses for indices in order to reduce confusion with betting. That would be flooring, in most cases.
    To confusing for most players. Too easy to screw up. Example, seems to me that Wong used both flooring and truncating in various editions of Professional Blackjack. Use flooring as a standard. There will be NO appreciable or measurable difference in results where indices were based on truncating (as in negative indices).

For betting, I interpolate to the nearest $5or10 ( 5-100x2 spread). I truncate for playing strategy decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk