See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money Belt

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    I’ve always been a fan of money belts and leg straps. My biggest fear has always been getting mugged. When you’re driving around unfamiliar territory and stopping for gas at 2am, that’s what worries me. I have 3 friends who’ve been mugged at gun point. 1 was an AP, the other 2 were were just guys traveling. One of those guys was actually car jacked at gun point. Cops eventually found his car, but all of his belongings were stolen obviously.

If you can conceal your money under your clothing, at least you can mitigate the damage if you get forced to empty your pockets, hand over your wallet, or give up your car. I know stuff like this doesn’t happen often and the probability of you getting mugged at gun point is slim to none, but it only takes once. It’d be pretty shitty if you stopped for gas somewhere in the middle of the night and have 50K stolen from you. Talk about ruining your day...
    Ryemo exactly...a belt of some kind that you can at least try to hide can really save some of your bankroll if you do get robbed. The one I tried just seems too obvious around my waist under my clothes.
    And yes, I usually just keep it in my pockets...but I don't always want to wear cargo pants for some of my act. Sometimes I dress up more.
    Ryemo do you know of any leg straps that work?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    ^^ That looks like the one I have, which I bought from the BJ21 onine store, when they had one.
    In about 2010, I bought exactly the same in Europe in a store for travel accessories.

You can buy money belt like the above at Walmart. I have several of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    You can buy money belt like the above at Walmart. I have several of them.
    What section of Walmart are they in?

This is what I use:

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    ferenc - In case you're not aware, charging Lithium batteries regularly to 100% significantly shortens their life.

I always keep them above 50%.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Best is 20-80%, per the "experts."

Every day You learn something new. I'll keep your advice, cheers!

I used a money belt for a while when i was a newbie, but it's not worthwhile IMO. Better to just have envelopes in your pockets.

I carry two ankle belts with sturdy velcro so pass through airports with a breeze
    Red likes Redd's

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It only matters if you keep phone for 3+ years. Most people don’t. We just plug it in at bedtime, along with the a Tesla and Leaf, and in the morning, every thing is 100% charged.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    ^^ That looks like the one I have, which I bought from the BJ21 onine store, when they had one.
    I like it because it goes on underneath your clothes. Hard to detect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12