See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Belt

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Money Belt

Hi All,
    Which money belt do you use? Something that can help conceal at least 10k?

I like this one. 10k fits easily. I think I've gotten creative and had close to 20k in there, but it's a tight squeeze.

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Undercover-Hidden/dp/B0054IH9UC/

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    I like this one. 10k fits easily. I think I've gotten creative and had close to 20k in there, but it's a tight squeeze.

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Undercover-Hidden/dp/B0054IH9UC/
    Thanks refinery...do you know of one that fits down your thigh? I am pretty slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Thanks refinery...do you know of one that fits down your thigh? I am pretty slim.
    It gets put through your belt and then it "dangles" on the inside of your pants. Very discreet, very comfortable. I like it better than something squeezing me. I don't have any that go around the thigh.

I bought a money belt years ago (have not yet used it), but thought it is designed for the belly or stomach, not for your leg? But have no experience so far.

I'd use a fanny pack from time to time. It works best when wearing a coat or jacket. An alternative to a money belt would be to wear clothes with more pockets.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If I’m playing BJ and my wallet empties due to max bet losses, I can easily access ‘emergency’ cash from my money belt which is attached to my waist (hidden) whilst I’m sitting at the table.

With the above mentioned money belt that dangles on the inside of your pants, how easy is it to access the cash when needed urgently? Does one need to rush to the restroom to gain access to the money belt or is it simple to access the cash quickly from the belt at the BJ table? You wouldn’t want to miss any positive rounds whilst it’s taking time to extract the cash.

I haven’t seen this ‘inside your pants’ money belt but it seems to me that it’s great for when traveling on the road but maybe not so practical for Blackjack purposes.

Why not just wear cargo pants or shorts. 50k is no problem, with room for a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Why not just wear cargo pants or shorts. 50k is no problem, with room for a lot more.
    I agree, with the caveat that many cargo pants of late have velcro or weak snaps on the pockets. While these are fine while seated at the table, I would not be comfortable walking around town with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I agree, with the caveat that many cargo pants of late have velcro or weak snaps on the pockets. While these are fine while seated at the table, I would not be comfortable walking around town with them.
    I was robbed once with money in the buttoned pocket of my cargo pants. It happened incredibly quickly without me realizing what was happening. I advise everyone to NOT put money into cargo shorts. I thought mine were secure because they were buttoned. That was not the case.

My mother bought it for me when I started back in 92

^^ That looks like the one I have, which I bought from the BJ21 onine store, when they had one.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I’ve always been a fan of money belts and leg straps. My biggest fear has always been getting mugged. When you’re driving around unfamiliar territory and stopping for gas at 2am, that’s what worries me. I have 3 friends who’ve been mugged at gun point. 1 was an AP, the other 2 were were just guys traveling. One of those guys was actually car jacked at gun point. Cops eventually found his car, but all of his belongings were stolen obviously.

If you can conceal your money under your clothing, at least you can mitigate the damage if you get forced to empty your pockets, hand over your wallet, or give up your car. I know stuff like this doesn’t happen often and the probability of you getting mugged at gun point is slim to none, but it only takes once. It’d be pretty shitty if you stopped for gas somewhere in the middle of the night and have 50K stolen from you. Talk about ruining your day...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast