See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: obviousness

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    obviousness

    I was recently at a 6D table where a guy was seated, for a prolonged time, simply sitting out all negatives, entering juicy positives with increased bets at two hands.

    He was a middle aged guy. it was soooo obvious to me. i was surprised it wasn't obvious to the staff. maybe because it was at native shop and they are perhaps a little less keen to APs. I don't know. But it pissed me off because he sucked up all the big cards with two hands doing this and i took a pretty big hit.

    I walked away but must admit i was tempted to call him out right then and there. but that would have likely been self defeating. i love people that do what we do and i know that you never want to be at a table with another one of us. i'm cool with all that. but to be so brazen. so bold. so obvious. i don't know - it was insulting to the craft. i hated it.

  2. #2


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    First, if a card counter was already seated, he is the one who should be upset that you, another CC would sit at his table. Second, when you see someone making bigger bets as brazenly, your bets would likely be less noticeable. Third, there are always the slash and burn types who could care less if they are backed off, they see no point in playing at a lower EV. Finally, there are a hell of a lot of losing card counters, ones who may get the count right, bet big but make errors in deviations and playing strategy, have insufficient bank roll. The casino can afford to wait them out.

  3. #3


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    First, if a card counter was already seated, he is the one who should be upset that you, another CC would sit at his table. Second, when you see someone making bigger bets as brazenly, your bets would likely be less noticeable. Third, there are always the slash and burn types who could care less if they are backed off, they see no point in playing at a lower EV. Finally, there are a hell of a lot of losing card counters, ones who may get the count right, bet big but make errors in deviations and playing strategy, have insufficient bank roll. The casino can afford to wait them out.
    I didn't say he shouldn't be upset with me. Perhaps we each had valid reasons to be upset with one another. And when I realized what was going on, I was out of there; in under 2 shoes. His bets were smallish - 3x max from what I recall.

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR2021 View Post
    he sucked up all the big cards with two hands doing this and i took a pretty big hit.
    Oh what, this was his fault was it ? I suppose you think he sucked up all the good cards by voodoo too ? Different strokes for different folks. Learn a little respect...

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I agree with Zee (amazing, isn't it?), other than his mangling of the expression "couldn't care less."

    RTR, once you saw what he was doing, you should have moved to another table. Why do you care about his style of play? If it works for him, good for him. Simply move on.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR2021 View Post
    I was recently at a 6D table where a guy was seated, for a prolonged time, simply sitting out all negatives, entering juicy positives with increased bets at two hands.

    He was a middle aged guy. it was soooo obvious to me. i was surprised it wasn't obvious to the staff. maybe because it was at native shop and they are perhaps a little less keen to APs. I don't know. But it pissed me off because he sucked up all the big cards with two hands doing this and i took a pretty big hit.

    I walked away but must admit i was tempted to call him out right then and there. but that would have likely been self defeating. i love people that do what we do and i know that you never want to be at a table with another one of us. i'm cool with all that. but to be so brazen. so bold. so obvious. i don't know - it was insulting to the craft. i hated it.
    Imagine he came to my table and did the same thing.

    It happened often. I won't leave my table but I reduce my spread in case surveillance are following the counter.

  7. #7


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post

    RTR, once you saw what he was doing, you should have moved to another table. Why do you care about his style of play? If it works for him, good for him. Simply move on.
    I did, basically. I noticed it during a red hot count. Was not leaving in the middle of that. Left afterward.

    Regarding his style of play; he can play as he wishes. I only thought it was obvious, amateurish. But I must admit, if he can get away with it for some period of time, I'm all for it. My point was that he won't, in nearly all places.

  8. #8


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I agree with Zee (amazing, isn't it?), other than his mangling of the expression "couldn't care less."

    RTR, once you saw what he was doing, you should have moved to another table. Why do you care about his style of play? If it works for him, good for him. Simply move on.
    who the hell is posting for 21foeme? This cant be him.

  9. #9


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    who the hell is posting for 21foeme? This cant be him.
    "21foeme"? Considering your past problems with 21forme, was that a Freudian slip, ZeeBabar? ;-)

    Dog Hand

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    lol your the ploppy that plays kickapoo casino on 50 percent ante day. That casino has 2 decks cut off h17 ls 25 cent ante and 1 ante higher monday to weds. Your play9ing red chips and playing a poor pen ante game. The only way to beat that game is sit at the table and wong the plus counts.

    you actually wonged in on me. Stop asking people if people are in town, oklahoma is burnt and i just burnt the rest of the low limit games. Rebuilding a bankroll.

    love how u lie and tell people where u met me too, sure it was the grand. That place is sweaty.

    winstar burnt along with all chicksaw nation proprerties, choctaw properties have heat. im just going around bombing the one table casinos and im done with it, im home now been bouncing around for 2 weeks and won 130k, so sure my way of playing def doesnt work, go fuck urself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.