Thread: Playing crappy games

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Playing crappy games

Has anyone, when looking to improve their game (as we typically always are), realized that they simply need to play better games? That they were playing 6D at around 2 decks cut off or DD games cut at 55% and that instead being more selective, ramping slower, and thus with less variance was a tweak their game needed?

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2021 View Post
    Has anyone, when looking to improve their game (as we typically always are), realized that they simply need to play better games? That they were playing 6D at around 2 decks cut off or DD games cut at 55% and that instead being more selective, ramping slower, and thus with less variance was a tweak their game needed?
    Game selection improves with experience. DD games at 55% are playable heads up if rules are decent. I play those with NDAS but otherwise acceptable rules (H17, no surrender, no re-split aces). It’s when they say double 9-11 only when I balk.

Has anyone, when looking to improve their game (as we typically always are), realized that they simply need to play better games?
    Now that is a loaded question. In today's times, the so-called better games may not be the right games to play. Based on where you are playing and your level of play. What good is playing the best game if it is being constantly watched closely?

That they were playing 6D at around 2 decks cut off or DD games cut at 55% and that instead being more selective, ramping slower, and thus with less variance was a tweak their game needed?
    Even if you ramp up somewhat slower on deeper dealt "pen" games there will be much more opportunities to increase bets creating more variance which is always a good thing.
    Last edited by BoSox; 07-22-2019 at 05:47 AM.

When I started playing blackjack for real money I used to play with the worst rules possible.
    8 deck game, 2 decks cut off (sometimes even more if they suspected me counting), DAS, DOA, S17, ENHC, no Surrender, no RSA.
    Absolute junk game.
    Now I would not even get near that table...

Lousy rules are tolerable with deep pen, and good rules make lousy pen tolerable. Now, if only deep pen with good rules and a tolerant house.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Lousy rules are tolerable with deep pen, and good rules make lousy pen tolerable. Now, if only deep pen with good rules and a tolerant house.

Bear River fits that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Right, it's a balancing act for sure. My standard local rules are H17 DAS. The shop with S17 can be a little sweaty. I just need to be more selective and not play to play, thinking any game with such rules and lousy pen is beatable. They probably are but not worth the shitty hourly rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    When I started playing blackjack for real money I used to play with the worst rules possible.
    8 deck game, 2 decks cut off (sometimes even more if they suspected me counting), DAS, DOA, S17, ENHC, no Surrender, no RSA.
    Absolute junk game.
    Now I would not even get near that table...
    Now that is rough! You played those crap game on purpose? I guess I have it okay in comparison.

Now that is rough! You played those crap game on purpose? I guess I have it okay in comparison.
    There was no other game available in my area except this garbage.
    Now I'm extremely specific when It comes to selecting game conditions.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk