Thread: Good, bad or ugly game?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Good, bad or ugly game?

I come across a game with some strange rules. 6D and also DD, pen for 6D is dealer dependent from 4.5/6 to 5/6 but DD are 65% at best. Many "normal" rules such as H17, split to 4 hands, DoA 2 cards. However there are couple rules I think they in favor to players like you can surrender with any number of cards for that hand. You lost with 3 cards busted at 22, however if you busted with 4 cards at 23 or more you are not automatically lost the hand yet, you will push if at the end of the round dealer also busted. The ugly part is it's 6:5 game.
    Is it playable using Zen?
    Thanks

A “possible” push at 4 card (and possibly more than 4 cards) 23 and over is not nearly enough to compensate the penalty of 6:5. I don’t see (not to say that it’s not there somewhere) the rule at WOO.

Quote Originally Posted by cc12b View Post
    I come across a game with some strange rules. 6D and also DD, pen for 6D is dealer dependent from 4.5/6 to 5/6 but DD are 65% at best. Many "normal" rules such as H17, split to 4 hands, DoA 2 cards. However there are couple rules I think they in favor to players like you can surrender with any number of cards for that hand. You lost with 3 cards busted at 22, however if you busted with 4 cards at 23 or more you are not automatically lost the hand yet, you will push if at the end of the round dealer also busted. The ugly part is it's 6:5 game.
    Is it playable using Zen?
    Thanks
    cc12b,

Just to clarify: if you bust with three cards, you lose, regardless of your total? Also, if you bust with 22, you also lose? But if you bust with 23 or more, comprised of at least 4 cards, and the dealer subsequently busts, then you push?

A while ago I analyzed a "push on a bust if the dealer busts with a higher total" rule over at bj21.com, but this sounds like a different variation.

Dog Hand

Dog Hand. you get it correctly.