See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 10,10 vs. 5 @ TC +5

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

10,10 vs. 5 @ TC +5

[Cover aside], if we receive a pair of 10,10 vs a 5 we are to split them @ a TC of +5 or higher.

Question: If we then receive ANOTHER ten for our first card after the split are we supposed to then split AGAIN and again over & over (so as long as we keep getting more tens and so long as the TC continues to be +5 or higher)?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    [Cover aside], if we receive a pair of 10,10 vs a 5 we are to split them @ a TC of +5 or higher.

Question: If we then receive ANOTHER ten for our first card after the split are we supposed to then split AGAIN and again over & over (so as long as we keep getting more tens and so long as the TC continues to be +5 or higher)?
    Splitting 10, 10 v 5 at true 5 is the EV maximizing index. The correct okay is to continue splitting as long as the true count is at or above the strike point. In other words, if true count drops to 3 after the 3rd 10, you stop splitting.

The risk averse index for splitting this hand is true 8, and like above, you would continue splitting as long as you were at or above the risk averse strike point of true 8.

The very strong bankroll may prefer to use EV maximizing - many strong bankrolls, mine included, as well as shoe string bankrolls, should excerise risk averse play - The shoestring bankroll because it is much safer, the stronger bankroll because the play itself is a huge attention getter. In fact, to the best of my recollection, I’ve only split 10,10 once.

Thank you, Freightman! Got it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Thank you, Freightman! Got it...
    Just as an aside, I doubt you would ever get a max split 10, 10 v 5 at an EV maximizing index since you are more than likely at the end of the shoe, and each subsequent 10 is reducing the true count. Further, it’s questionable with risk averse, because of reason stated above.

However, it is possible for the EV maximizing player where the true count started at 8 to begin with - see the logic? That being said, I’ve occasionally hit monster counts early in a shoe, where virtually anything is possible.

The question to me is "how many max bets are in your bankroll"? Because if you are playing a 100 max bet (or god forbid less) bankroll, then you should probably abstain from the first split. But if you are playing a 300 max bet bankroll, then you could split and resplit until you are literally below True 5 (or wait until a higher true count to start splitting anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    The question to me is "how many max bets are in your bankroll"? Because if you are playing a 100 max bet (or god forbid less) bankroll, then you should probably abstain from the first split. But if you are playing a 300 max bet bankroll, then you could split and resplit until you are literally below True 5 (or wait until a higher true count to start splitting anyway).
    Makes sense. Thanks...
    Chop it up...

Freightman is correct.

Do not underestimate the exposure impact. Team players were advised to split if (we are on a trip, not local) and, only if, it is the last hand in the shoe we are playing, and we are going to leave.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Freightman is correct.

Do not underestimate the exposure impact. Team players were advised to split if (we are on a trip, not local) and, only if, it is the last hand in the shoe we are playing, and we are going to leave.
    That also makes sense. Thanks to you, too, Stealth!
    Chop it up...