See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zee, Haven't Heard Much From You Lately

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Zee, Haven't Heard Much From You Lately

How is your blackjack year going? Are you doing as well as last year?

At the half way mark for this year, I'm doing pretty bad. I have only 81.5 hours of play in so far this year, and I don't see much more blackjack in the near future. Last year at this time I had 125 hours of play and had only 2 losses out of the 21 times I played. This year I have 6 losses out of the 15 times I played.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Don’t play as much. About 85 hours this year, down about $2400, did win $1300 yesterday after 4 hours.

Too attached to my 16 year old son. Thought I would travel more after I got him a car but just enjoy him a lot and as long as he is around. Next year, next Fall, he will go off to college and, if my health holds up, I will play a lot more. When my daughter was young, I was in my career and regret I did not do give her more attention. Now that I am retired, my son is everything. Make him breakfast, he goes off to school, wait for him with a snack and then spend time with him. He seems to enjoy our conversations. It’s summer and he is home with me so we do spend a couple of hours together.

Will be traveling up as you suggested in July to MN, Wisconsin and Iowa and then there is a 4 day trip to Colorado and another 4 day to Las Vegas in August.

Thanks for asking.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I have only 81.5 hours of play in so far this year,
    81.5h * 100 hph = 8150 hands.

Assuming N0 is 40000 hands, that's 20% of N0. Yes, something is clearly wrong. you should be winning big. Try a higher level count.

Seems you spend more time planning trips you don't take and posting online about the game than playing it.

Seems like this was an email or pm that was posted as a thread instead? Was a virtual guarantee to get a smartass comment from 21forme this way.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    81.5h * 100 hph = 8150 hands.

Assuming N0 is 40000 hands, that's 20% of N0. Yes, something is clearly wrong. you should be winning big. Try a higher level count.

Seems you spend more time planning trips you don't take and posting online about the game than playing it.
    Hard to say what my N0 is considering 25% of my play this year has been at single deck. However, I doubt its as high as 40,000 hands especially since the single deck game has such a low N0. Overall I think I'm about at expected value for the year.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 06-25-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Will be traveling up as you suggested in July to MN, Wisconsin and Iowa and then there is a 4 day trip to Colorado and another 4 day to Las Vegas in August.
    Zee, can you email me at [email protected]. I would like to talk to you about that MN, WI, and Iowa trip you got planned.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    Seems like this was an email or pm that was posted as a thread instead? Was a virtual guarantee to get a smartass comment from 21forme this way.
    May be presented in a smart ass way, but it's factual and something for the newbies to understand.

Some players fixate on short term wins and losses. That's not how this game works, given its high variance.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I did not even start the thread but knew that 21forme would be in on it.

Zee, can you email me at [email protected]. I would like to talk to you about that MN, WI, and Iowa trip you got planned.
    Semt email.

Semt email.
    You have mail.

Too attached to my 16 year old son.
    Not possible...enjoy the time.

Hard to say what my N0 is considering 25% of my play this year has been at single deck.
    Per CVCX (1 player, ro6, 100 hph, Wendover rules, 1-4 spread), N0 = 15000. Even if 100% of your play was this game, you're still at 50% N0 - an inadequate sample size to come to any conclusions. Moral of the story remains the same - short term results are meaningless.
    Last edited by 21forme; 06-26-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Meant N0, not SCORE. Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Per CVCX (1 player, ro6, 100 hph, Wendover rules, 1-4 spread), SCORE = 15000. Even if 100% of your play was this game, you're still at 50% N0 - an inadequate sample size to come to any conclusions. Moral of the story remains the same - short term results are meaningless.
    I assume you mean N0 equals 15000. However, I get a much lower N0 than that assuming pen taken from CBJN.

Single Deck.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast