Thread: “Pop the Shoe”

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

“Pop the Shoe”

New dealer taps in, towards the end of a shoe. The first thing he does (unprovoked), he “pops the shoe” to see where the cut card is (he quickly pushed his hand up the shoe). I’m seated at first base, and it looked like the Ace of clubs will be the next card dealt out of the shoe. Dealer burns one card, it is the 5 of hearts. Now, I’m really sure I’m getting the Ace of clubs. Max bet, and I’m dealt the Ace of clubs. I don’t think dealers are supposed to do this. But was he following procedure to make sure that the cut card was still in the shoe?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Some stores will have DD dealers do this, or will simply redeal DD. There is no protocol that I’m aware of for burning a card on a 6 deck shoe. Could have been a newer dealer, or simply a brain fart.

That being said, nice job on the max bet. Ironically, they’re those who would chastise you for not going overboard with your super super super max bet, as in table max.

Cool! So did he paint it, too?!

I ended up getting a pair of Aces. Split. Got paint on both hands, and won. Pit Supervisor was standing right there watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Yule View Post
    I ended up getting a pair of Aces. Split. Got paint on both hands, and won. Pit Supervisor was standing right there watching.
    This is an excellent reminder as to why to not over bet even when you know you're getting an ace.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Since the appropriate bet is 1/3rd of your bankroll it is pretty hard to overbet this situation, although you would probably avoid splitting the aces if you had indeed made such a wager.

z
    z

I've seen this maybe 200 times. It is without meaning.
    He may want to see how soon he must reshuffle, etc.
    z
    z