See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Short OK trip report.

  1. #1


    1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Short OK trip report.

    First stop- Downstream casino- nice, clean, pretty. Lost $300 playing $10 DD BJ. Required players card or pay ante. Got Players card.


    Second stop-Bull Run casino, small to medium. Played the one DD game with $25 min., where a gentleman had 15 Black chips and another 12 Green Chips. Won $250 in about 40 minutes. Interesting note, big player got frustrated, played $500 (he had been playing 2 hands of $100 each) and dealer called “table max”. He won the bet reduced his to $100. I increased my bet from $25 to $100 and dealer called out “Checks play”. Memorable for me was that I doubled an Ace,7 against a 4 with a very high count and a $100 bet, rich guy got upset till my A,7 was hit with a 6 and dealer busted with two ten cards. I left with a $250 win to check into their nice hotel (only $69.95).


    Third stop- River Bend casino. Small to Medium size casino. Being a weekday afternoon, only one DD table with 2 other players, $10 minimum. Went in a hole, came out up $105, left.


    Last stop for day- Indigo Sky. Nice casino, large for Oklahoma. Played a $10 DD table ($10 min), stayed even, left as I had to return to motel for NBA game.


    Next day, went to Downstream casino. I started playing the $10 DD game with two others. One was playing a mix of Green and red (topping a Green Chips with a red or two) and I was playing with $20 to start, varying from $10 to $75.


    I was the only non-white person in the casino, certainly only one playing BJ at 9:00 a.m. One guy at the pit was giving me stares. About an hour into the session, even as I was playing conservatively, pit guy and security tapped me and said that people upstairs have made a decision and I was not allowed to play BJ, that I could play other games. I protested mildly that I was losing, that I was just passing time before I had other things to do in a couple of hours. No luck, just that he cannot change the decision, sorry.


    I then left the state, drove home.


    From what I learned, the casinos towards the Missouri border waive the ante with a players card, further south, they don’t. Ante is 50 cents a bet for under $50 bets, $1 for higher ones. Table limits I saw were low, $10-$350 or $25-$500.


    It’s not that great a place to play. Penetration, though, was good at about 70-75% on DD, deck off on 6 deck.

    I just just get too upset being backed off. I have to get over it and just go play another casino. I did not want a second back off the same day.



  2. #2


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    First stop- Downstream casino- nice, clean, pretty. Lost $300 playing $10 DD BJ. Required players card or pay ante. Got Players card.


    Second stop-Bull Run casino, small to medium. Played the one DD game with $25 min., where a gentleman had 15 Black chips and another 12 Green Chips. Won $250 in about 40 minutes. Interesting note, big player got frustrated, played $500 (he had been playing 2 hands of $100 each) and dealer called “table max”. He won the bet reduced his to $100. I increased my bet from $25 to $100 and dealer called out “Checks play”. Memorable for me was that I doubled an Ace,7 against a 4 with a very high count and a $100 bet, rich guy got upset till my A,7 was hit with a 6 and dealer busted with two ten cards. I left with a $250 win to check into their nice hotel (only $69.95).


    Third stop- River Bend casino. Small to Medium size casino. Being a weekday afternoon, only one DD table with 2 other players, $10 minimum. Went in a hole, came out up $105, left.


    Last stop for day- Indigo Sky. Nice casino, large for Oklahoma. Played a $10 DD table ($10 min), stayed even, left as I had to return to motel for NBA game.


    Next day, went to Downstream casino. I started playing the $10 DD game with two others. One was playing a mix of Green and red (topping a Green Chips with a red or two) and I was playing with $20 to start, varying from $10 to $75.


    I was the only non-white person in the casino, certainly only one playing BJ at 9:00 a.m. One guy at the pit was giving me stares. About an hour into the session, even as I was playing conservatively, pit guy and security tapped me and said that people upstairs have made a decision and I was not allowed to play BJ, that I could play other games. I protested mildly that I was losing, that I was just passing time before I had other things to do in a couple of hours. No luck, just that he cannot change the decision, sorry.


    I then left the state, drove home.


    From what I learned, the casinos towards the Missouri border waive the ante with a players card, further south, they don’t. Ante is 50 cents a bet for under $50 bets, $1 for higher ones. Table limits I saw were low, $10-$350 or $25-$500.


    It’s not that great a place to play. Penetration, though, was good at about 70-75% on DD, deck off on 6 deck.

    I just just get too upset being backed off. I have to get over it and just go play another casino. I did not want a second back off the same day.


    Great trip report Zee! Thanks! Always enjoy and learn from them.

    About the backoffs: Have you ever thought of printing out some of the posts from Freightman, 21forme or Hidden Member Name saying you’re not a threat and a losing player, and then showing these posts to the people backing you off. This might get them to let you play. Can’t hurt to try.

  3. #3


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    About an hour into the session, even as I was playing conservatively, pit guy and security tapped me and said that people upstairs have made a decision and I was not allowed to play BJ, that I could play other games. I protested mildly that I was losing, that I was just passing time before I had other things to do in a couple of hours. No luck, just that he cannot change the decision, sorry.
    Were you playing rated? As has been reported by myself and countless other, entering a discussion during a backoff only serves to make you more memorable. Pick up your chips and leave without comments.

    Backoffs are a part of being an AP. Either accept it and make changes that will minimize them or quit.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

  4. #4


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    About the backoffs: Have you ever thought of printing out some of the posts from Freightman, 21forme or Hidden Member Name saying you’re not a threat and a losing player, and then showing these posts to the people backing you off. This might get them to let you play. Can’t hurt to try.
    All that proves is there are some people more clueless than you.

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    In OK the better casinos do not charge an ante for patrons with player's cards.
    Many of the tiniest casinos do not charge antes on the very slow business days.
    They still 86 players for counting, especially if they don't toke or bet too much.

    The law in OK restricts profits [from BJ] to ZERO. They are required by "compact"
    to return ALL blackjack revenue to their regular / local players via "free-roll" tournies.

    They will 86 you from if you are a winning green chip player.
    That's because they are "skimming" profits for the Tribal Elders.
    They ought to have no vested interest in whether you win or lose.

    Cultivate your strong sense of skepticism, with a bit of cynicism.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyBJplayer View Post
    In OK the better casinos do not charge an ante for patrons with player's cards.
    Many of the tiniest casinos do not charge antes on the very slow business days.
    They still 86 players for counting, especially if they don't toke or bet too much.

    The law in OK restricts profits [from BJ] to ZERO. They are required by "compact"
    to return ALL blackjack revenue to their regular / local players via "free-roll" tournies.

    They will 86 you from if you are a winning green chip player.
    That's because they are "skimming" profits for the Tribal Elders.
    They ought to have no vested interest in whether you win or lose.

    Cultivate your strong sense of skepticism, with a bit of cynicism.
    Nice post, very informative. Welcome back.

  7. #7


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name Hidden View Post
    All that proves is there are some people more clueless than you.
    You and 21forme must be twins!

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Were you playing rated? As has been reported by myself and countless other, entering a discussion during a backoff only serves to make you more memorable. Pick up your chips and leave without comments.

    Backoffs are a part of being an AP. Either accept it and make changes that will minimize them or quit.
    Had to play rated or pay ante and the latter increases casino edge by as much as 10%. I do minimize it and as such have only had a few back offs (less than 5).

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name Hidden View Post
    All that proves is there are some people more clueless than you.
    Hey, watch it buddy. The Dipshit is not clueless. He may be an asshole, he may be a douchebag, he may be a troll, he may be deceitful, he may be moronic - he is certainly a dickwad.

    BUT, let it never be said that the Dipshit is clueless.

    Further, let it never be said that I have not defended the Dipshit. Ain’t free speech wonderful!

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    BUT, let it never be said that the Dipshit is clueless.
    Isn't it too early in the day to be drinking?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A brief trip Las Vegas trip report and OSN
    By ZeeBabar in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 02-07-2018, 02:17 PM
  2. My 55 hour trip to Las Vegas-a trip report
    By ZeeBabar in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 08-24-2017, 10:45 AM
  3. zahmed: Confusion/short trip
    By zahmed in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 02:41 PM
  4. Jay: Shreveport Short Report
    By Jay in forum South & West
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 09:33 AM
  5. Joe Shmo: Short Reno Report
    By Joe Shmo in forum South & West
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 10:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.