Hello all. Long time, first time. I was enjoying a night out at my local church festival when I noticed the blackjack tent; naturally I was curious so I went in to check out the rules. They were as follows: 6 deck, 3:2 BJ, S17, DD any 2 cards, DAS, RSA, Surrender, NO burn card, and best of all - 100% Penetration! Yes you read that correctly - meaning when the shoe ran out of cards the dealer had a second, pre-shuffled shoe ready to draw from. Jackpot!

I could barely contain my excitement as I bought in for a cool $200 (table limits $2-$25; I figured with even a modest spread I could snag a few hundred here over the weekend; my thoughts were already racing forward to other upcoming church festivals throughout the summer, assuming their rules were similar). The first shoe stayed fairly neutral, and as expected - ended at exactly zero with the last card; so I knew they were playing a fair game.

It wasn't until the last deck or so of the second shoe that I discovered why the church wasn't going broke over this game. The count was high and I had my max ($25 lol) bet out there; caught a 9-2, they let me DD, caught a face for 21, and was already drooling over how much EV I could generate from this game over the summer. The wind was quickly knocked out of my sails when the dealer hit to 21, then proceeded to scoop up my $50 and put it in his rack. I reminded him that I had also had 21, so the hand is a push. He (and everyone else at the table) said - almost in unison - "dealer wins all pushes". "Sorry - I thought everyone already knew that". I said nothing, scooped up the remainder of my chips and quietly walked away, my hopes for a profitable summer festival season squashed like a bug.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing the "dealer wins all pushes" rule puts the house edge at roughly 8.5%, even with those other great rules.