See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any AP here that uses KO as their preferred system?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Any AP here that uses KO as their preferred system?

I started using the KO system and wanted to know what you all think about it. Is it affective enough for a recreational gambler? Have you seen success using it?
    Last edited by Robertc21; 05-29-2019 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Worded wrong

Yes, I've been using it for over a decade. I'm just an enthusiastic recreational player, but the results are there. All the sims seem to put it on par with Hi/Lo.

I started with KO and used it for several years with success. It is a fine system, though it tends to underestimate advantage early in the deck and overestimate it late in the deck in deeply cut games.

Only reason I switched to Hi Lo was to play Sp21. I wanted to use the same basic system for both games.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I started with KO and used it for several years with success. It is a fine system, though it tends to underestimate advantage early in the deck and overestimate it late in the deck in deeply cut games.

Only reason I switched to Hi Lo was to play Sp21. I wanted to use the same basic system for both games.
    Funny, I thought it was the opposite: overestimates advantage early in a game and underestimates later in the game. Mostly due to the fact that a -4 RC at the first deck level of a shoe is different than that at the last two deck level.

Really I don't know much about KO except I did read the book years ago. However, I also thought 21forme's statement above was correct. I thought Bootlegger mentioned this years ago. Anyway at one time, I was playing at the same table with someone who used KO and I was raising my bet much before he was in a DD game.

Yes,

Easy to use and appropriate for recreational play.

It is comporable in performance to Hi Lo and even more so when you add the adjsutments provided in "Color of Blackjack" by Dravot.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Easy to use and appropriate for recreational play.
    ))) You read posts Kim Lee?

p.s. Wake up , 21st century on the street. Not 20...
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 06-07-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    Really ?
    Yes. A RC of N at the 5 deck level of a 6 deck shoe possesses a different expectation than a RC of N at the 4, 3, 2, and yes...even 1 deck level of a 6 deck shoe.

If I remember correctly, the given "average" expectation of the RC occurs at the middle point of a pack/shoe. That is, for a 6D game, at the 3 deck level, your EV computed by RC should match the overall average EV for that of High Low or any other system. This means that if you use High Low, Halves, RPC, KO, Zen, HOII, etc, at the 3 deck level, you should all have the same computed average expectation for betting.

The reason stems from the fact that KO does not require a TC conversion when making betting/playing decisions. You lose some efficiency, but no matter: you can TC KO ala TKO (Total Knock-Out?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    ))) You read posts Kim Lee?

p.s. Wake up , 21st century on the street. Not 20...
    Do what???
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Do what???
    Read more...Bret Harris, Alienated, Snyder, Kim Lee...
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    Funny, I thought it was the opposite: overestimates advantage early in a game and underestimates later in the game. Mostly due to the fact that a -4 RC at the first deck level of a shoe is different than that at the last two deck level.
    It really don't matter if you use the -4 RC concept in higher level count systems like level 2 or level 3 counts. You will be surprise how close its performance is to balanced true count systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    Read more...Bret Harris, Alienated, Snyder, Kim Lee...
    or Unbalanced Zen II and Uston SS.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Oops, sorry guys. In any case, it's a good system.
    In fact, I'm the one who am sorry. I misread the original statement (yours). It's correct as you wrote it.

Apologies.

Don
    Last edited by DSchles; 06-10-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    In fact, I'm the one who's sorry. I misread the original statement (yours). It's correct as you wrote it.

Apologies.

Don
    Thanks, Don. I see you deleted your original correction. I did the same with my follow-up comment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast