Thread: Nostalgia

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Nostalgia

I was going through my old BJ books, notes and records and moving the pertinent information to a spreadsheet. I was saddened to see how many of the old stores I used to play are no longer around. California and First Nation stores sure killed Reno. The following stores are all closed:

Harold's Club - First store I played BJ in
    Riverboat Reno - First back-off
    Comstock - Quickest back-off
    Flamingo Reno - Largest ever win
    Reno Hilton (Now Grand Sierra) - Largest ever loss
    Virginian - Highest hourly rate
    Cal-Neva Lake Tahoe - First shoe game
    Sundowner - First Comp room (I think the rate was only around $17/night at the time anyways)

The thing that stands out is the Virginian....super sweaty store, so I used to just hit and run....I had a few large wins in very short time frames. Longest session was 24 min. Some were only 5 or 6 min, but +++variance makes it my highest hourly win rate

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I first played serious BJ in Reno, long ago.
    I share your sentiment.