See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Dealer keeps winning. I don't think it's variance..........

  1. #1
    Senior Member BigJer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your soul.
    Posts
    1,427


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Dealer keeps winning. I don't think it's variance..........

    For one, I've never seen anything like this before. Two, a couple of days ago I was up to $2M then dropped to over -$1M some time later. Again, I know what variance is and I don't think that this is regular variance. Anyway, I could have sworn there was a way to stack the deck in favor of the player or dealer. I looked around CVBJ and couldn't find it: maybe it was click in the dealer's favor.

    Anyway, what say you?
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

  2. #2


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    For one, I've never seen anything like this before. Two, a couple of days ago I was up to $2M then dropped to over -$1M some time later. Again, I know what variance is and I don't think that this is regular variance. Anyway, I could have sworn there was a way to stack the deck in favor of the player or dealer. I looked around CVBJ and couldn't find it: maybe it was click in the dealer's favor.

    Anyway, what say you?
    First of all, let's agree that the M you used, and that normally signifies "million," should probably be a K, for "thousands." Or did you drop three million in a couple of days?! :-)

    Second, you don't mention your stakes, but losing three thousand dollars in a couple of days of playing blackjack is the most common thing in the whole world. If this is upsetting to you, you need to reevaluate if you really want to continue playing this game.

    Don

  3. #3
    Senior Member BigJer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your soul.
    Posts
    1,427


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    First of all, let's agree that the M you used, and that normally signifies "million," should probably be a K, for "thousands." Or did you drop three million in a couple of days?! :-)

    Second, you don't mention your stakes, but losing three thousand dollars in a couple of days of playing blackjack is the most common thing in the whole world. If this is upsetting to you, you need to reevaluate if you really want to continue playing this game.

    Don
    Hey Don. M = Million, Mega. My stakes are @ TC0 = 2 X $1000 to TC 10+ of 3 X $75,000

    I know about the $3K in a couple of days.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    For one, I've never seen anything like this before. Two, a couple of days ago I was up to $2M then dropped to over -$1M some time later. Again, I know what variance is and I don't think that this is regular variance. Anyway, I could have sworn there was a way to stack the deck in favor of the player or dealer. I looked around CVBJ and couldn't find it: maybe it was click in the dealer's favor.

    Anyway, what say you?
    Can you find a hand-shuffled game to compare the results? It may confirm it is not you but casinos you currently played.

  5. #5


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'll translate because this is some of the dumbest shit ever.

    This was posted in the software section. He's playing CVBJ and using an ungodly spread because it's fake money. He's getting crushed and he thinks it might be because he went to something like Settings > Options > Biases and made the game biased against the player.

    Congrats on the dumb post of the month club.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    I'll translate because this is some of the dumbest shit ever.

    This was posted in the software section. He's playing CVBJ and using an ungodly spread because it's fake money. He's getting crushed and he thinks it might be because he went to something like Settings > Options > Biases and made the game biased against the player.

    Congrats on the dumb post of the month club.
    Amen to that.

    Don

  7. #7
    Senior Member BigJer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your soul.
    Posts
    1,427


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Wrong on to you both. It could've been on another piece of software. Anyways, I have never had this kind of fluctuations before! Refinery, the spread is fine!
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member BigJer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your soul.
    Posts
    1,427


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    I'll translate because this is some of the dumbest shit ever.

    This was posted in the software section. He's playing CVBJ and using an ungodly spread because it's fake money. He's getting crushed and he thinks it might be because he went to something like Settings > Options > Biases and made the game biased against the player.

    Congrats on the dumb post of the month club.
    Hey! Jeez. It was already checked for no bias! OK??? The problem was the slider just below.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    Hey! Jeez. It was already checked for no bias! OK??? The problem was the slider just below.
    Can we just agree that it was a ridiculous post, not one of your finest moments, and move on, please?

    Don

  10. #10
    Senior Member BigJer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your soul.
    Posts
    1,427


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Can we just agree that it was a ridiculous post, not one of your finest moments, and move on, please?

    Don
    Don, I agree. Please. I had the circle clicked for "No Bias". I didn't realize you have to move the slider to.

    Finished!
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-02-2018, 06:32 AM
  2. Indices and their importance to your winning/variance
    By dogman_1234 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 07:36 PM
  3. Expect MORE Positive Variance than NEG Variance?
    By Mickey in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 12:59 AM
  4. sfgiants: Dealer Winning % showing 2
    By sfgiants in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.