Thread: Dealers Were Winning 80% of The Hands

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dealers Were Winning 80% of The Hands

I was in Vegas last week and I noticed in The Rio, The Excalibur and the Golden Nugget thT the dealers were winning 70%-80% of the hands. I know this now not scientifically accurate, but I watched and played in over 150 hands and th dealers were winning the majority of the time.

I'm not in click here dumb moves by the players, I'm talking g about the dealer getting a 10 card around 75% of the time and getting 21 four out of 11 games at one point.

I watched 20-25 different players and not one left the table with more hope than he sat down with.

I know statistically speaking you have to go through hundreds of thousands of hands to get decent stats, but I still don't understand how dealers can win so much.

Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianmark View Post
    I was in Vegas last week and I noticed in The Rio, The Excalibur and the Golden Nugget thT the dealers were winning 70%-80% of the hands. I know this now not scientifically accurate, but I watched and played in over 150 hands and th dealers were winning the majority of the time.

I'm not in click here dumb moves by the players, I'm talking g about the dealer getting a 10 card around 75% of the time and getting 21 four out of 11 games at one point.

I watched 20-25 different players and not one left the table with more hope than he sat down with.

I know statistically speaking you have to go through hundreds of thousands of hands to get decent stats, but I still don't understand how dealers can win so much.

Is this normal?
    Yes. Wait until you have a maximum bet out and the dealer draws 3 naturals back-to-back. Even when Insurance is not called for.

When people (read: Don S, Norm, anyone else who studies/studied 21) say that blackjack is volatile: they mean it!

You saw a small window of data that gives you an idea that this may be a "swingy" game. Tis true! However, such a small sample size is irrelevant.

Take heart to the fact that things will "swing around in time." Unfortunately for your gambling friends, their winnings will be less than their losses.

150 hands is so insignificant a sample as to be meaningless