See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why has blackjack gone to shit?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Why has blackjack gone to shit?

Conditions in the Northeast suck. You can't find a game with a SCORE even close to 50.

How the hell do you guys make money if it takes 400 hours to get to the long run?

Do you guys implement a wong out strategy with ODPs?

How many rounds do you get per hour? I estimate roughly 120 rounds per hour with other players at the table.

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    ODPs
    z
    Huh?zzzzTDefinition please.

You're right, conditions are not great. But if you do your research, there are still some decent conditions out there. Pay attention to the time of day (early morning works for me), and the table rules that you are finding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Optimal Departure Points.

Yes, I use them exclusively and table hop, no camping, ever, I'm not wasting any of my time on a shoe after I've hit a stop count. It dramatically increases your hourly EV and reduces Stand. Dev. per shoe. I use REKO Full 6 Deck count and just finished a series of sims to ID the ODPs for each deck; they roughly approximate to the first count past TKO .-5 for the first 4 decks of a 6 deck shoe. Deck 5 and Deck 6 are different, approximately +.5 TKO and +2 TKO, respectively. I don't know what count you use, but you probably should run the sims to be sure they correlate with what I'm doing.

I ran my sims at 100 rounds per hour, but I'm sure I play fewer than that in reality due to the lag time between Wonging out and finding a new shoe.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...for-CVCX/page2
    Wave, I play KO-preferred. I looked at your other post. What was the SCORE for the 4.5/ 6 deck game using your ODPs? What was the SCORE for play all? I'm trying to get a sense for how much reverse wonging will improve the game.

MJ

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Because the stupid public is still willing to play shit.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If the public was smart instead of stupid, we would've never heard of the Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post

Because the stupid public is still willing to play shit.
    Well for FWIW, I've yet to encounter a Spanish game with less than 3-2.

CT & RI shops all have.
    6D S17 or 8D H17 (and some 8D S17 in RI) 3:2
    LS
    DAS
    RS3 (or better)

Not awful rules.

Crudely calculated house edge:
    6D S17 .339
    8D S17 .364
    8D H17 .562

I heard there's a 2D low-minimum (at certain hours) table in ME that's not bad (though no surrender), but I've never made the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GMass View Post
    CT & RI shops all have.
    LS
    DAS
    RS3 (or better)

Not awful rules.

6D S17 .339
    8D S17 .364
    8D H17 .562

I heard there's a 2D low-minimum (at certain hours) table in ME that's not bad (though no surrender), but I've never made the trip.
    The problem is the penetration is poor. You're not going to get much out of an 8 deck game. The SCORE for the 8 deck games in CT and RI is 25. That is pitiful. Not much you can do with that.

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    The problem is the penetration is poor. You're not going to get much out of an 8 deck game. The SCORE for the 8 deck games in CT and RI is 25. That is pitiful. Not much you can do with that.

MJ
    Can you send me a PM?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    CT & RI shops all have.
    LS
    DAS
    RS3 (or better)

Not awful rules.

6D S17 .339
    8D S17 .364
    8D H17 .562

Haven't you heard? APs don't play blackjack!

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    8 deck game is depressing.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Can you send me a PM?
    I don't believe so, I'm not a paying member. If there is something you know please share with the forum.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast