See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Why has blackjack gone to shit?

  1. #31


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How is the score for play all 13.52? Something is off.

  2. #32


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    How is the score for play all 13.52? Something is off.
    Nope, 1:20 spread, I'll post the stats page when I get home.
    Last edited by Wave; 05-15-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    "This is a discipline thing. You either do it right or you don't do it at all."

    Don Schlesinger, pg 2, "Blackjack Attack: Playing the Pros' Way", 3rd Edition.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    US West Coast
    Posts
    212


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Whoops phone deleted.

    Found a game a bit back, not welcomed anymore. But I went from $25 to 2-3x $500 for far enough sessions.

    Finding games like these is like finding free money. Who would share this on a forum or anyone else for that matter?

    Blackjack is fine. You just haven't found enough games.

  4. #34


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Nope, 1:20 spread, I'll post the stats page when I get home.
    @ MJ1

    The computer with that data is currently running another sim. I'll post the sim at issue when the current sim is complete.
    "This is a discipline thing. You either do it right or you don't do it at all."

    Don Schlesinger, pg 2, "Blackjack Attack: Playing the Pros' Way", 3rd Edition.

  5. #35


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    8 deck game is depressing.

    Yes, high variance .Do not play with out surrender and less than 2 decks cut off.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

  6. #36


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There are shoe games in New England dealt by lazy, burnt out, underpaid dealers who hate their life and hate their job and sneak in 90%+ penn. I played a game with a guy who I legitimately felt bad for, who was cutting off just a single hand (barely, at points I didn't think there was enough behind the cut-card to deal a full hand to a full table. We were playing heads-up and he saw me watching the cut and said, "I f*cking hate shuffling."
    I wouldn't make some of these stores a destination, but for us who live in the Northeast the RI & CT rules are decent and good penn can be found, so without getting on a planed it's good enough.

  7. #37


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GMass View Post
    There are shoe games in New England dealt by lazy, burnt out, underpaid dealers who hate their life and hate their job and sneak in 90%+ penn. I played a game with a guy who I legitimately felt bad for, who was cutting off just a single hand (barely, at points I didn't think there was enough behind the cut-card to deal a full hand to a full table. We were playing heads-up and he saw me watching the cut and said, "I f*cking hate shuffling."
    I wouldn't make some of these stores a destination, but for us who live in the Northeast the RI & CT rules are decent and good penn can be found, so without getting on a planed it's good enough.
    The three casinos that you mentioned are paranoid about counters in their high limit rooms. There have been some ridiculous backoffs lately. Foxwoods has recently extended that paranoia to the main floors. Think twice about the 1-20 spread, or more, that has been gotten away with for so long. Here are the current main floor conditions for all three.

    Foxwoods - 8 deck, 3:2, H17, late surrender, good cut, some ASMs. Minimums are $10 - $15.

    Mohegan Sun - 8 deck, 3:2, H17, late surrender, good cut somewhat dealer dependent, $15 minimums, hand shuffled. Both casinos have a good amount of 6:5.

    Twin River - 8 deck, 3:2, late surrender, okay cut, $15 minimums. No 6:5 here and one small pit of H17 that I've never seen open during the day. Very smokey place.

  8. #38


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBRollin View Post
    The games in AC and the northeast in general are definitely playable through the back counting approach. At minimum you must Wong out of negative counts. You’re going to need a big bank and a big spread.
    People were happy when Hard Rock opened and offered surrender. Less than a year later it's gone. Sad.

  9. #39


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by paymypush View Post
    The three casinos that you mentioned are paranoid about counters in their high limit rooms. There have been some ridiculous backoffs lately. Foxwoods has recently extended that paranoia to the main floors. Think twice about the 1-20 spread, or more, that has been gotten away with for so long. Here are the current main floor conditions for all three.

    Foxwoods - 8 deck, 3:2, H17, late surrender, good cut, some ASMs. Minimums are $10 - $15.

    Mohegan Sun - 8 deck, 3:2, H17, late surrender, good cut somewhat dealer dependent, $15 minimums, hand shuffled. Both casinos have a good amount of 6:5.

    Twin River - 8 deck, 3:2, late surrender, okay cut, $15 minimums. No 6:5 here and one small pit of H17 that I've never seen open during the day. Very smokey place.
    Is that your first-hand observations?
    I think there may be some counter-intelligence occurring in some reports.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    yep...want my phone #, too?
    Posts
    796


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Yes, high variance .Do not play with out surrender and less than 2 decks cut off.
    Disagree totally....TONS of playable 8D games w/o surrender

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. crazy shit
    By steveistheman84 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-01-2017, 02:19 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 03:36 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
  4. Little Ben: Am I up shit creek without a paddle?
    By Little Ben in forum Blackjack Beginners
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.