Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to count like this.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I just brought this conversation up because I have been practicing vigorously. My mother asked me what I am doing. I am practicing the KO count and explained it. She said why don’t you just count only the high cards and with that knowledge you will know the percent left in the shoe as long as you know how many cards were dealt. Looking at the discard rack to accomplish this is easy enough.

I told her I will post it up and see if it is viable because in a way it could give you an idea if you have the advantage or not.

4 decks in and you have counted 120 high cards you now know their are obviously many more small cards then big left over. Dropping your edge even more.

I don’t think it is perfect, just brain storming.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertc21 View Post
    I just brought this conversation up because I have been practicing vigorously. My mother asked me what I am doing. I am practicing the KO count and explained it. She said why don’t you just count only the high cards and with that knowledge you will know the percent left in the shoe as long as you know how many cards were dealt. Looking at the discard rack to accomplish this is easy enough.

I told her I will post it up and see if it is viable because in a way it could give you an idea if you have the advantage or not.

4 decks in and you have counted 120 high cards you now know their are obviously many more small cards then big left over. Dropping your edge even more.

I don’t think it is perfect, just brain storming.

Thank you all for the feedback.
    This brings up a couple of interesting points. There really is a lot more counters out there than we realize. It doesn’t mean they are playing with an advantage, it simply means that they know advantage or disadvantage fluctuates with the flow of high cards or low cards. It doesn’t mean that they know what to do with the information.

Yes, there is something to your query, and it’s even possible that you could make a buck or two. In reality, you would simply be reducing your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertc21 View Post
    Looking at the discard rack to accomplish this is easy enough.
    You can know EXACTLY how many cards have been dealt by looking at the discard tray?

No. I wouldn’t know exactly how many. I can however have a good estimate. The same way I would to convert a running count to a true count in Hi/lo.

Converting true count to running count is an estimate. With what you are proposing really cant be estimated to be accurate.

If 200 cards have been discarded, and you are good enough to estimate it even within 10 cards, this would be enough to go from a perceived 1% advantage to a break even game.

I don't want to discourage you from coming up with new ideas, but I don't believe this is a very profitable one.

I agree with Freightman, its enough to eat up some of the house edge maybe make a few bucks.
    Last edited by BankerCA; 05-11-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Well you got to be bright enough and worked hard enough to come up with a better way than other ahead of you . Until then use the conventional system until you are so good you don't need to follow the convention of the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by BankerCA View Post
    You can know EXACTLY how many cards have been dealt by looking at the discard tray?
    Not exactly the number of cards dealt but an approximate of half-decks left. Some people can even do quarter decks left. For example, people can and should take a look at the discard tray, and know there are one and a half decks left. If RC is +9 then TC is +6. Quarter deck estimation comes handy when the penetration is super deep. Like some dealers cut 5.25 or even 5.5 decks out of the six decks.

In rick blaines bok o actually katarina s boo she talks about Rick Blaine can keep track of exactly how many cards are dealt. It can happen i guess but most of us is unwilling and find it not efficient to do it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    In rick blaines bok o actually katarina s boo she talks about Rick Blaine can keep track of exactly how many cards are dealt. It can happen i guess but most of us is unwilling and find it not efficient to do it for what it's worth.
    It can probably be done pretty easily when most games are single or double deck. I am sure someone has done the sim or calculation somewhere along the line with the comparison in EV gain with that kind of precise information with 6 or 8 decks. It may not worth the mental agony.

I think what OP is talking about isn’t that different with Tarzan count. How many people can do it with the precision and consistency it requires? It all sound “good” and doable, but how do you sim it? How do you prove the new system works.

z
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Some people can even do quarter decks left.
    I use quarter deck's because I Side Count Aces in any game with less than 8 decks.

Of course, finding an 8 decker with (overall) inviting table conditions is uncommon.
    z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12