See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Rental Cars and Toll Roads in Denver

  1. #21


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name Hidden View Post
    While you like to lay it all out, I suggest you not be too specific and not ruin any good plays or places. It's a small town and word travels quickly. Several of the local APs were not happy with your extended prescence and you see some responses you won't be happy with.
    First, you attempt to out Zee by announcing his arrival in Black Hawk. Now you don't want him to talk about his trip so you can protect your games. After what you attempted he would be justified in spilling all the beans.

    However, I do hope Zee does use some discretion and not ruin a good thing if such a thing exists. However, there is still a lot he can talk about.

  2. #22


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    First, you attempt to out Zee by announcing his arrival in Black Hawk. Now you don't want him to talk about his trip so you can protect your games. After what you attempted he would be justified in spilling all the beans.

    However, I do hope Zee does use some discretion and not ruin a good thing if such a thing exists. However, there is still a lot he can talk about.
    What difference does it make to you, as you only fantasize about making trips, but never leave home. Is it because you need to be on call for an emergency roof shoveling?

    And how do you know that's the same anonymous poster? Apparently, there have been multiple Zee sightings in the last week

  3. #23


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Look, anytime someone is as famous as Zee there are going to multiple sightings of him. What’s new? There will probably be sightings of him even after his death, kind of like Elvis.

    I’m with Midwest Player on this one. I’m looking forward to reading his trip report. I always learn a lot from them, since we have the same objectives. Can’t wait.

  4. #24


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The peeps that complain about others talking wouldn't even be doing this AP stuff if others didn't open their traps first! Hypocrites.

  5. #25


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    The peeps that complain about others talking wouldn't even be doing this AP stuff if others didn't open their traps first! Hypocrites.
    No, you're wrong. People have networks that they trust and swap info back and forth. Scouting is an important part of the game for everyone.

  6. #26


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Curious if you play rated or unrated. If you play rated do you qualify for room comps.

    There is a casino in Wisconsin that has only about 100 hotel rooms and the prices are very expensive. The place always fills up and it is hard to get a room there unless you call a couple weeks in advance. In the off season they send me comps for free rooms, but in peak tourist season I only get reduced price rooms. I haven't been there in awhile because of the difficulty in getting a room.
    Rated, because I started off just for fun without counting, and I am ID'd all the time anyway. And I'm not a great AP'er anyway, I probably break even at best, to be honest. I don't play at the Ameristar though, so I'm not sure why I got such a cheap room. I just happened to go there right away once I saw a snow storm coming in, and didn't want to be trapped up there.

  7. #27


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name Hidden View Post
    While you like to lay it all out, I suggest you not be too specific and not ruin any good plays or places. It's a small town and word travels quickly. Several of the local APs were not happy with your extended prescence and you see some responses you won't be happy with.
    Well, too bad! I never approached an AP but one guy stuck up a conversation with me (not really, he just seemed eager to let me know he knew I was counting), seemed to know his stuff. I have been trained by a few here to have a thick skin so I could care less what those responses are. In comparfison to the couple of AP's I observed, I had a very modest spread, barely covered my expenses and I had a great time.

    Why do you keep your name hidden?

  8. #28


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I was hoping to wait a few weeks before posting my trip report but since people seem to have already spotted and outed me, basically sharing when I was there, I might as well spill all that I did while there. I dont intend to return any time soon anyway...and it gives me motivation to share all since some unnamed AP's seemed to have shared that "they did not like my extended presence".

  9. #29


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    No, you're wrong. People have networks that they trust and swap info back and forth. Scouting is an important part of the game for everyone.
    Maybe for the pros, but for many part time players with full time jobs they can't just get up and travel across country. Their job comes first so their scouting ability is limited along with family obligations.

    Zee, has provided much more worthwhile info than you ever provided. Sharing experiences can be applied to other casino situations and I don't recall you ever sharing very often. Of course, you are willing to take any info you can get and give nothing in return. Your one sentence comments don't really cut it.

    If I remember correctly years ago, Bucky's casino in AZ had a 2:1 blackjack promotion which I knew about. However, I wasn't going myself. I debated with myself if I should post about it or not. I decided to wait until there were like only 2 days left hoping if any locals didn't know about it they would get a chance to play it. Problem was they were offering this same promotion in 6 months and then all the forum lurkers showed up for it. I believe, you were one of those who showed up for it. I do regret posting about it.

    Zee, has every right to post what he thinks is appropriate.

  10. #30


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The problem is that oversharing burns games.

    Zee started all of this by being too open about his plans. Nobody posts an itinerary. A good AP is seen but not noticed nor remembered. A rule I follow is to never stay anywhere long enough for them to remember my name.

    Might I suggest a solution? If anyone wants info on Colorado, pm Zee or post a throwaway email and he can respond directly. Nothing good at all can come from posting a trip report on an open forum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.