See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raising your bet quickly?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthat16 View Post
    I don’t ever bump up more than a parlay or reduce a bet by more than half on the next hand.
    Perfectly strategic. This has been championed in the past in "Blackjack for Blood"

A great book and a fine method to generate longevity, with lowered variance - at a reasonable cost in e.v.
    zz

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    THE MORE ADVANCED MOVE IS GET TO KNOW THE PLACE FIRST THEN ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Amen brother!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    i think if you just get one of those runs where you get nuetral and negative counts for a while it's best just to leave
    it looks really weird if you just never raise your bet for an hour then all of the sudden start going crazy

I don't know, I once played at a store and had a session like that where I flat bet minimum for half an hour or whatever and decided I would be stealthy and just leave. (Wasn't my first session there).

Got backed off on my next return visit before I could play a hand. So I say get the EV in when you can, you never know what will happen tomorrow.

I've gone from min to max in this scenario without anything happening except for a remark from the dealer, but that was in some very tolerant and/or oblivious stores baccarat. In general I think it would be best to just push out a modest bet and play the next shoe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123