Thread: Finding Temporary Spotter/Team work

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Finding Temporary Spotter/Team work

Looking for temporary work as a spotter (or player), preferably in/around Wisconsin but could also travel.

What are the best channels to find a connection to a team? Are some of the paid forums here a resource for this sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Looking for temporary work as a spotter (or player), preferably in/around Wisconsin but could also travel.

What are the best channels to find a connection to a team? Are some of the paid forums here a resource for this sort of thing?
    I can't imagine it would be anything other than personal invite.

Sometimes it's so hard to keep the negative thoughts and accusations at bay when you're bleeding.

One time, I finally gave up after my friend connected me to a game where I lost like $30K+ (more if you include investors). Yet everyone else is winning.

People keep saying variance/standard when I run it through with them, but idk...

Even if I got cheated, I cant prove it. So I didnt want to give it more thought, and just quit and took the loss.

Imagine if a teammate starts losing massive. Even with good rep, you'll start to ponder. Sometimes people perceived to be well off, are in deep.

Long story short - cant imagine teams/players picking up people from forums. Spotters by a paid hourly, likely.
    Last edited by 20 to 1 Spread; 04-24-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 to 1 Spread View Post
    cant imagine teams/players picking up people from forums. Spotters by a paid hourly, likely.
    Yeah, it takes a lot of trust to hand someone part of your bankroll and tell them to go play with it and hope they have the skills to make EV as well as the honesty to report results accurately. That's why I posed the question they way I did, assuming I'd have to start as a spotter to establish trust.

That said, I did make a connection yesterday which became a phone call, exchange of contact info, etc. with a person willing to form a 2-3 person team where we would likely play individually rather than spotter/BP style. This person would be the major source of bank.

The phone call felt kind of like a job interview. It went so well I'm asking myself if it's too good to be true.

I think it's real and would like to pursue it, but obviously don't want to wind up with a bad story that begins "so I met up with someone I met online, took their money to gamble with...."

Any advice for how to proceed?