Thread: Exposed hole card - what was the correct play?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Exposed hole card - what was the correct play?

Just want to check that with the forum that I played this right: exposed hole card, dealer had hard 12, I had A8. I doubled. Was I right to do so?

All day

The answer you want is yes you did the right thing.

If you run into this type of question again...Norm has provided us with plenty of information in his book and online. The link to the chapter you want is: https://www.qfit.com/book/ModernBlackjackPage447.htm

Thanks. Does anyone have a table for when to surrender in this situation?

Another reference for this kind of play is in Wong's Prof BJ. There are EV tables for every play in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Another reference for this kind of play is in Wong's Prof BJ. There are EV tables for every play in the back.
    This is for hc play,I didnt think Wong had those numbers in professional bj.Did he add it in later additions?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    It isn't the back charts that you want for this play; rather, it's the double exposure charts. In this instance, for example, see page 160.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    It isn't the back charts that you want for this play; rather, it's the double exposure charts. In this instance, for example, see page 160.

Don
    I think the double exposure charts are slightly different for some plays,since the rules are not the same as for regular bj.

Quote Originally Posted by AndretheGiant View Post
    I think the double exposure charts are slightly different for some plays,since the rules are not the same as for regular bj.
    Yes, you lose on a push in double exposure.

Blog Entries

Double Exposure is quite different. Here are surrender tables for HC:

Surrender, Six Decks

(Surrender on red, the dark-colored cells)

www12.gif

Surrender, Single-Deck

(Surrender on red)

www13.gif
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Hey Norm,

My surrender tables for Hole-Card Play in CVBJ and CVData are all green (no surrender plays). I have also noted that the tables in the program are not the same as the tables in Modern Blackjack. When I am ready to learn the correct plays, should I just add the above information and use the rest of the tables from the book?

Blog Entries

The tables in CV were created before I created the surrender tables. Other than that, they should be the same assuming that the rules are the same, unless I added cover plays, which is likely. If you see a difference, email me the difference..
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse