Thread: The odd case of 4,4 vs. 2

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question The odd case of 4,4 vs. 2

The following question refers to: HO2 S17 DAS 6-Deck

4,4 vs, 2:
    DD @ 25
    Split @ 27

I fully realize that I am not likely to run into this situation tomorrow. The question has occurred to me because I was practicing with CVBJ , and it came up.

The hand is 4,4 vs. 2 and the TC was 25.
    I hit the hand because the index to split is 27.
    It gave me an error because the double down index is 25.

My question is of course (again this is out of curiosity), should the hand really be played as hit unless the TC is 25 or 26, and then split at 27 or more?

I thought I remembered seeing something like this years ago, but I checked my library for the RPC and Hi-Lo indices; this does not occur in either system.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    The following question refers to: HO2 S17 DAS 6-Deck

4,4 vs, 2:
    DD @ 25
    Split @ 27

I fully realize that I am not likely to run into this situation tomorrow. The question has occurred to me because I was practicing with CVBJ , and it came up.

The hand is 4,4 vs. 2 and the TC was 25.
    I hit the hand because the index to split is 27.
    It gave me an error because the double down index is 25.

My question is of course (again this is out of curiosity), should the hand5or more?

I thought I remembered seeing something like this years ago, but I checked my library for the RPC and Hi-Lo indices; this does not occur in either system.
    Ya, it really should be hit unless the TC is +25 or higher..Its so so rare though i would just ignore doubling or splitting altogether.. Not to mention the bizarre fact that you would only double when the TC was 25 or 26 and then split at +27 W/das.. Just always Hit or Double if you want at +25 or higher..
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Jack Jackson,

Thanks. I was just curious what folks thought. I figured I would just hit until 27 and then split. I will let you know if I ever actually get to use this play. LOL