Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: betting spread

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    abc4000, are you saying you don't count at all until halfway through the shoe, or that on average you enter at that point because of backcounting?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    abc4000, are you saying you don't count at all until halfway through the shoe, or that on average you enter at that point because of backcounting?
    I think abc4000, Wongs out of some shoes, but will start counting another table already in the process of being played.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    If i start count in the begining of the shoes, it will take half shoe for the count to hit +1. i also start count in the middle of shoe sometimes" only If i pass by a table and see alot of small cards been dealt on that hand" i believe it shouldnt affect the game except the pen i worse. But on The other hand you save time, so it should be same ev as backcounting at begining of the shoe everytime

Im not sure if im corret

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I think abc4000, Wongs out of some shoes, but will start counting another table already in the process of being played.
    Yep. He likes to begin counting exactly in the mid point of the shoe. Because he heard the second half of the shoe is better.

Just thought I have seen everything.

Blog Entries

Starting the count halfway through an eight shoe gives you horrible penetration and penetration is extremely important., backcounting or not.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Also if i setup the sim right, the sim shows by backcount the game should have $96 per hr win and ror 3.2% . And The back counting 28.4% means enter rate is 28.4% per hour?

The CE/WR should be 0.5 in order to have an optimal wager.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by abc4000 View Post
    I start count in the middle of shoe most of time. Thanks

How can you start count in middle of the shoe. You back count from the start, jump in, perhaps in the middle of the shoe?

If i start count in the begining of the shoes, it will take half shoe for the count to hit +1. i also start count in the middle of shoe sometimes" only If i pass by a table and see alot of small cards been dealt on that hand" i believe it shouldnt affect the game except the pen i worse. But on The other hand you save time, so it should be same ev as backcounting at begining of the shoe everytime

Im not sure if im corret

abc4000, In post #5 you wrote:

"
    Also what i dont understand is does penetration matters if you back count? I start count in the middle of shoe most of time. Thanks"

Whenever or how often you enter an 8 deck shoe at the midpoint without knowing the count other than the exposed cards on the felt what do you use for the running count divisor to get the true count? I hope you are not at that point of entry dividing the running count by 4 to get a true count, which I think you may be doing as there are only 4 decks left. If that is the case of what you are doing it is all wrong, as you need to divide the running count by ALL the decks that you have not seen, which also includes the four decks in the discard tray and the remaining decks left in the shoe.
    Last edited by BoSox; 04-11-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Sorry maybe i wasnt explaint myself clearly. Let say i pass by a table which been dealt three decks and pen is one deck, now dealer deal out 3 players all small cards, let say the running count is +12, if i enter the game at this time i would have a true count of +1 with 3 deck cut pen. I understand the pen is very bad, but it save time in the other hand. My understanding is it would end up same hr ev.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    How can you start count in middle of the shoe. You back count from the start, jump in, perhaps in the middle of the shoe?
    Cards are cards right, only pen changes, running count and true count are same right

Cards are cards right, only pen changes, running count and true count are same right

Go back and read my post #8 again.

Sorry maybe i wasnt explaint myself clearly. Let say i pass by a table which been dealt three decks and pen is one deck, now dealer deal out 3 players all small cards, let say the running count is +12, if i enter the game at this time i would have a true count of +1 with 3 deck cut pen. I understand the pen is very bad, but it save time in the other hand. My understanding is it would end up same hr ev.

If this is 8 deck shoe, then TC = +12/ 7.75 = +1
    If this is 6 deck shoe, then TC = +12/5.75 = +2

The TC is round down in calculation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast