See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why bother doubling?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    If he had paid attention all the way back then, this thread wouldn't be 26 posts long!

Don
    We can push for 100. After all, didn’t bjanalyst thread get to 1000 - and THAT was dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    We can push for 100. After all, didn’t bjanalyst thread get to 1000 - and THAT was dribble.
    No, that was drivel! :-)

Don

Thinking doubling is your regular bet size when you have good hand e.g. 11, 10.,
    before every game, you don’t know the cards, which is risky, so you reduce your bet by half.

Quote Originally Posted by mirageman View Post
    Yes, the winning of the hand alone is what I was questioning. I do realize there is more money to be made eventually with doubling.

Hmmm...be not offended by my ignorance, but me winning more hands by not doubling should equate to a lower house edge, right? Like this lady at the end of this clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlbeqeGkQ8
    My best advice is to learn when you need to deviate from basic strategy. If you follow basic strategy and you double 11 when the count is low your costing yourself money. You will most likely get a low card and watch the dealer get several low cards ending up with a 17+...( if you’re playing low counts....) it’s always best to keep the count it will aid you on every decision you make playing.

most of card counter advantage comes from double downs even though most erroneously believe it comes from blackjacks. If you want any chance at all of beating this game you have to take advantage of the primary tool you have double downs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123