Thread: CVCX Reko F 6 deck vs UBZ 2

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Reko F 6 deck vs UBZ 2

I've read everything I can find on this and other forums - as far as the correct index plays for UBZ 2 6 deck. I've tried all I can and I can't build a UBZ that out scores the canned Reko-F 6 deck score. Any tips on this? What am I missing?

Blog Entries

Impossible to know without knowing what you're doing. And, I don't know what you mean by trying all the indices you can.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Yes I guess I was a bit unclear, I'll ask another way. On page 167 of BJA Table 9.13 shows UBZ2 vs a 5/6 S17 DAS LS game to have a score of 55.96 using a 1-12 spread. The canned UBZ2 in CVCX gets 48.44 vs a game with the same conditions. I assumed it was because the indices we not optimized for 6 deck (or that specific game), so I started tinkering with them using information from other posters. Long story short I have been unable to get any closer to Don's number and I'm curious as to what I've done wrong.

The more I try to explain this, the more I'm realizing that this question is probably unanswerable in forum format.

Blog Entries

UBZ indices vary greatly by number of decks.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Is CVData the only reliable way to get them?

Blog Entries

That or buy the pamphlet, if you can find it.

Actually, CVCX has them with permission of the author. But, they aren't the final indices as they came from a very early pre-publication of his pamphlet, and they are composite indices.

Yes I guess I was a bit unclear, I'll ask another way. On page 167 of BJA Table 9.13 shows UBZ2 vs a 5/6 S17 DAS LS game to have a score of 55.96 using a 1-12 spread.
    In my belief, the 1-12 spread is achieved going from one hand of one unit to two hands of six units. The SCORE of 48.44 you get comes from playing only one hand and spreading units from 1 to 12. It's not the usual way Don does it (Don please correct if I'm wrong).
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    In my belief, the 1-12 spread is achieved going from one hand of one unit to two hands of six units. The SCORE of 48.44 you get comes from playing only one hand and spreading units from 1 to 12. It's not the usual way Don does it (Don please correct if I'm wrong).
    No, see p. 211. For the BJA3 sims, all the spreads applied to a single hand only.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That or buy the pamphlet, if you can find it.

Actually, CVCX has them with permission of the author. But, they aren't the final indices as they came from a very early pre-publication of his pamphlet, and they are composite indices.
    I guess I'm officially in the market for that pamphlet then. It seems to be a bit of a tough find.