See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 200 hours blackjack play

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

First 200 hours blackjack play

Attached graph is my first 200 hours blackjack play for last 10 months. I played BS for the first 50 hours. From 50-100 hours, I started to learn hi-low and probably lost count half way thru the shoe. After about 120-130 hours, I can keep the count with fast dealer(3 hands). I had two big sessions early this year and gave it all back in one shoe last week. The count was sky high but I lost 9/10 hands and pushed one hand. I started to question myself/result oriented for the following hand.

The true count was +7 and I had 3X500 out there

First hand :62, got 3 and got 4, stand
    Second hand : T9, stand
    Third hand : 93, hit and got K.

Dealer turned over 3 and pulled 8. After this hand, I lost all hands(Include 2 double downs with A3 again 5 and 27 against 3) except one push. I know 12 against T is hit but my friend said something like "If you stay 15, then you might just stay on 12 as well because you need luck anyways"

I play live poker and 1000 hours live play is good sample size to find out the win rate. How many hours in blackjack is good sample to tell the win rate?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by logicalbj; 03-18-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalbj View Post
    Dealer turned over 5 and pulled 3 and I lost all hands except one push
    Presumably, you pushed your 19, but how? Dealer had a ten (I presume) and hit with 5, 3, for 18. Why didn't your 19 win? Dealer couldn't have had an ace to push your 19, because you would have taken insurance. Something you wrote is wrong.

Don

Don,

The OP said "Dealer turned over 5 and pulled 3 and I lost all hands except one push after this hand", so his push came after the round he described.

Dog Hand

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Presumably, you pushed your 19, but how? Dealer had a ten (I presume) and hit with 5, 3, for 18. Why didn't your 19 win? Dealer couldn't have had an ace to push your 19, because you would have taken insurance. Something you wrote is wrong.

Don
    I messed the hand with other one. Just corrected it. I'm just whining about the hand and being result oriented. I have Norm's simulator to get the expected hourly but in reality how many hours do I need to prove that I'm a winning player?

I will let the experts answer your question...but some people say as long as 4 N0

so you've broken even so far? bfd. For a poker player you don't seem to have much of an understanding of variance.

[QUOTE=Meistro123;266740]so you've broken even so far? bfd. For a poker player you don't seem to have much of an understanding of variance.[/QUOTEpoikh

150 hours is too little to determine anything?

That's the great thing about blackjack, a simulator like CVCX will tell you what you winrate is before you even play. Assuming of course that you don't make any mistakes, which sounds extremely doubtful given your total lack of preparation before hitting the tables.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalbj View Post
    150 hours is too little to determine anything?
    In blackjack, yes. At least for any standard type of counting game.

IMO, get CVCX, sim the game(s) you're playing. That way you can get a better understanding of what the game entails. I'm not a poker player, but from what others have described, you more or less have to estimate your EV by previous results. The beauty of BJ is that you can simply do the math (use CVCX) and it'll tell you what you need to know. And if you can't figure out what some of the stuff means, then ask here and someone can describe it or help you out with understanding it better.

EDIT: Can people l2quote plx? kthxbai
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Are you sure you're not over betting your bankroll? I would need at least 100,000 to bet 3 x 500, and that is an absolute minimum. You should expect 20k to 30k swings (in both directions) with this level of play.

Do you have a photo of your CVCX simulation so we could help you out with the correct numbers? I have a strong feeling that there is a little flaw in your calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Are you sure you're not over betting your bankroll? I would need at least 100,000 to bet 3 x 500, and that is an absolute minimum. You should expect 20k to 30k swings (in both directions) with this level of play.
    For sure I over bet my bankroll.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    Do you have a photo of your CVCX simulation so we could help you out with the correct numbers? I have a strong feeling that there is a little flaw in your calculations.
    Will do later. I have adjusted my bet ramp little bit against the optimal bet. I will post it later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast