Thread: Bet on weight loss

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bet on weight loss

So I'm not affiliated with this website at all. My son did this, though, and it is legit. He got paid quite a bit.

https://www.healthywage.com/weight-l...our-own-prize/

You bet on yourself to lose weight. If you meet your goal, you get paid. The spouse and I are now doing it, and it's the exact motivation we need. Everyone out there asking how to build a bankroll, here's another idea.

I wish I would have known about this before. I lost all that weight and didn't make a freaking penny.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    So I'm not affiliated with this website at all. My son did this, though, and it is legit. He got paid quite a bit.

https://www.healthywage.com/weight-l...our-own-prize/

You bet on yourself to lose weight. If you meet your goal, you get paid. The spouse and I are now doing it, and it's the exact motivation we need. Everyone out there asking how to build a bankroll, here's another idea.
    How do they verify the before and after weights?

Don

There is an app to “witness”. I presume you may have to take a picture or video clip. Later check by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    How do they verify the before and after weights?

Don
    You have to upload a video, and you have to use a digital scale. They also have the right to ask for an additional video or evidence.

I'm going to do it...later this week. I figure a few days of binge eating ought to "tip the scales" a bit in my favor...lol. I'll let you know how it works out.

I did it. I lost 63 pounds. I paid $100 a month for 6 months. I lost 53 pounds (met my goal), I went from 213 to 160. I got payed $1200, so essentially I doubled my money.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    I figure a few days of binge eating ought to "tip the scales" a bit in my favor...lol. I'll let you know how it works out.
    To fully maximize the pre weigh in bloat lots of carbs because they store water, add (roughly) 2 tsp of sea salt. Then drink a ton of water on the last day. Depending on how big you are that can add an easy (but not comfortable) 10 pounds.

Btw if someone is wanting to do this and wants some experienced non dogmatic dieting advice, go ahead and PM me. There's a ton of crap out there in dieting circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Von_Dingle View Post
    I did it. I lost 63 pounds. I paid $100 a month for 6 months. I lost 53 pounds (met my goal), I went from 213 to 160. I got payed $1200, so essentially I doubled my money.
    If they're only paying 2 for 1 (same as 1 to 1) betting against dieters, then they're making a killing.

After reading some of the stories online, it appears you would have to lose nearly 30% of your body weight in order to get near the 4 to 1 payout.

It would be a +EV bet for the Gastric Bypass patient.

Even though I think the company is probably doing very well, the two main downsides I see for the company are:
    1. Dealing with fraud
    2. Since they allow you to pay by the month, most that are not going to complete their weight loss goal will probably give up before the 2nd payment is due, therefore stop paying their monthly commitment payment.

All in all seems like a good deal for the participants, I haven't found any negativity so far.