Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bet on weight loss

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Bet on weight loss

    So I'm not affiliated with this website at all. My son did this, though, and it is legit. He got paid quite a bit.

    https://www.healthywage.com/weight-l...our-own-prize/

    You bet on yourself to lose weight. If you meet your goal, you get paid. The spouse and I are now doing it, and it's the exact motivation we need. Everyone out there asking how to build a bankroll, here's another idea.

  2. #2


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I wish I would have known about this before. I lost all that weight and didn't make a freaking penny.

  3. #3


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    So I'm not affiliated with this website at all. My son did this, though, and it is legit. He got paid quite a bit.

    https://www.healthywage.com/weight-l...our-own-prize/

    You bet on yourself to lose weight. If you meet your goal, you get paid. The spouse and I are now doing it, and it's the exact motivation we need. Everyone out there asking how to build a bankroll, here's another idea.
    How do they verify the before and after weights?

    Don

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There is an app to “witness”. I presume you may have to take a picture or video clip. Later check by the company.

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    How do they verify the before and after weights?

    Don
    You have to upload a video, and you have to use a digital scale. They also have the right to ask for an additional video or evidence.

    I'm going to do it...later this week. I figure a few days of binge eating ought to "tip the scales" a bit in my favor...lol. I'll let you know how it works out.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I did it. I lost 63 pounds. I paid $100 a month for 6 months. I lost 53 pounds (met my goal), I went from 213 to 160. I got payed $1200, so essentially I doubled my money.

  7. #7


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    I figure a few days of binge eating ought to "tip the scales" a bit in my favor...lol. I'll let you know how it works out.
    To fully maximize the pre weigh in bloat lots of carbs because they store water, add (roughly) 2 tsp of sea salt. Then drink a ton of water on the last day. Depending on how big you are that can add an easy (but not comfortable) 10 pounds.

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Btw if someone is wanting to do this and wants some experienced non dogmatic dieting advice, go ahead and PM me. There's a ton of crap out there in dieting circles.

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Von_Dingle View Post
    I did it. I lost 63 pounds. I paid $100 a month for 6 months. I lost 53 pounds (met my goal), I went from 213 to 160. I got payed $1200, so essentially I doubled my money.
    If they're only paying 2 for 1 (same as 1 to 1) betting against dieters, then they're making a killing.

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    After reading some of the stories online, it appears you would have to lose nearly 30% of your body weight in order to get near the 4 to 1 payout.

    It would be a +EV bet for the Gastric Bypass patient.

    Even though I think the company is probably doing very well, the two main downsides I see for the company are:
    1. Dealing with fraud
    2. Since they allow you to pay by the month, most that are not going to complete their weight loss goal will probably give up before the 2nd payment is due, therefore stop paying their monthly commitment payment.

    All in all seems like a good deal for the participants, I haven't found any negativity so far.

Similar Threads

  1. KidDangerous: Weight?
    By KidDangerous in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 12:57 PM
  2. Bjat: Nepal-A weight loss story
    By Bjat in forum International Scene
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 12:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.