See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Book recomendation: calculate ev, sd, risk.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Book recomendation: calculate ev, sd, risk.

Hi,

I´m new at the forum. Right now I´m improving my card counting skills. But I´m interesed in learning to calculate the avarage EV, sd and risk of ruin. Any good book covering that?

I know some use software to calculate this things but I don´t want to expend that much for the moment.

Also if the book si available on digital format would be great. I tried to get BJA3, but is not available on kindle format and I only get it here on paper for about 2 or 3 times its price.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by NG21 View Post
    I´m new at the forum. Right now I´m improving my card counting skills. But I´m interesed in learning to calculate the avarage EV, sd and risk of ruin. Any good book covering that?
    Peter Griffin, The Theory of Blackjack.
    Don Schlesinger, Blackjack Attack edition 3.

Get them both. Don references Griffins work a lot in the areas that explain how to calculate things.

Hi,

I know some use software to calculate this things but I don´t want to expend that much for the moment.

Also if the book si available on digital format would be great. I tried to get BJA3, but is not available on kindle format and I only get it here on paper for about 2 or 3 times its price.

Regards.
    Become a paid member of this forum , then you can use the cvcx online to get a rough ( not custom)idea of all of the above. I used the above for most of my planning of playing when i started . It was enough for my red chip play then.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post

Get them both. Don references Griffins work a lot in the areas that explain how to calculate things.
    To win at blackjack it seems to much . We can also take a few course of statistic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    To win at blackjack it seems to much . We can also take a few course of statistic as well.
    Yeah, good point. There’s also bootcamps for the APs that have a hard time learning through reading. Bootcamps will only set you back about $3,000. I think the better plan is to learn to read and buy a bj book or two, and also learn through forums.

Also if the book is available on digital format would be great. I tried to get BJA3, but is not available on kindle format and I only get it here on paper for about 2 or 3 times its price.
    A digital format is currently in the works. In the meantime, get it here: https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/shop...-the-pros-way/

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I have looked for those to, but sadly neither of those come in a digital format.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    A digital format is currently in the works. In the meantime, get it here: https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/shop...-the-pros-way/

Don
    I checked, they don´t ship to Argentina. I will have to wait for the digital format. Is there an aproximate date for that?

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    I have some knowledge on statistics and mathematics already. I dont think calculating those three things is going to be too much. I might be wrong anyway, but I would like to try at least.

Blog Entries

I have some knowledge on statistics and mathematics already. I dont think calculating those three things is going to be too much.
    Actually, it's not possible without simulation.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point and cost be damned if you're truly serious, get CVCX, CVBJ & CVData. BEST investment for newbs needing SIMS (esp those of us unable to write them ourselves). If you practice bj on your own incessantly get CVCX first and then pair with CVData later and CVBJ last. If practice and counting/Tc conversion are the priority get Cvbj first but all three are invaluable.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I have some knowledge on statistics and mathematics already. I dont think calculating those three things is going to be too much. I might be wrong anyway, but I would like to try at least.
    I wasn't serious. It is about find a way to not get kick out and better games. You can also do ASC, 7 ,8,9 Sc and insurance SC all at once and gain a whooping 30% increase over Hi Lo and make 20% of what the HI Lo guy makes!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Actually, it's not possible without simulation.
    I´m interesed in what you say.

I thought it would be possible to calculate an EV based on an estandarized bet spread (lets say 1-8 shoe game) with Hi-Lo I18. And from there just calculate the sd and the risk of ruin.

Can you explain me why thats not possible without simulation please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast