See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope No One is Traveling in Upper Midwest This Weekend

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hope No One is Traveling in Upper Midwest This Weekend

It is dangerous out there. Right now we have a -24 wind chill and have endured a week of lake effect snow. It is suppose to last for another week. No more winter blackjack trips for me.

twinlakes.jpg

Daytime view.

twinlakes.jpg
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 01-27-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Kind of makes you home sick, don't it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT4otKVV56g

Who thinks MWP should start a Gofundme page to spend winters in Florida? Do we need a poll?

I've been in Iowa all last week and will be a few more days for my business and it's freaking cold. Forecasting -26 Tuesday

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by What me worry View Post
    I've been in Iowa all last week and will be a few more days for my business and it's freaking cold. Forecasting -26 Tuesday
    If you're in Iowa in mid winter, you deserve frostbitten gonads.

Right now the temp is 15 below zero. The wind chill is only -28 because there is hardly any wind. This is good because the big lake will freeze and shut off the lake effect snow. I can't check the ice cover on the big lake because of the damn government shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Right now the temp is 15 below zero. The wind chill is only -28 because there is hardly any wind. This is good because the big lake will freeze and shut off the lake effect snow. I can't check the ice cover on the big lake because of the damn government shutdown.
    Your internet must be slow. The government isn't shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    Your internet must be slow. The government isn't shut down.
    No my internet is very fast. The government is just slow in getting back to normal.

It's so cold in MWP's hellhole that the electrons in the copper wires are frozen.

26 inches of snow in the last 6 days. It is just one continuous storm killing you a little at a time. Ever try shoveling with a cracked rib? To top matters off, I have to take the damn dog out 3 times a day, as the cold triggers my wife's asthma. Anyway, I got my roof shoveled just before this last storm started. Now I need to get an end loader to make room for more snow. Snow removal will cost me at least $1,200 this winter.

Here is a chart for one of the snow belt regions in the U.P.
    http://www.keweenawcountyonline.org/snowfall2.php

Would you please hire someone before you hurt yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    Would you please hire someone before you hurt yourself?
    Then he wouldn't be able to complain about where he lives. Sure sounds like a negative EV location to me, especially with the wife having cold intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Then he wouldn't be able to complain about where he lives.
    He is not complaining, he really loves it. MWP, will be pushing that Yooper Scooper shovel around when he is 98. There is no place like home.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast