See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Management and chasing

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Money Management and chasing

I always start with a small amount say $200 deposit and build my bank roll slowly..

To be bery serious over 50% of the time that amount doubles or triples..

The problem I am having is when I am building my bank roll I play very patient and conservative until I reach a certain plateau then I start playing more loose and aggressive and start chasing doubling up my bets and lose it all back 10 times faster than I won it..
    Sometimes the achilles heel is playing for too long. I need to set time limits and when I reach a minimum winning amount I just stop and cash out..

I play live and do not stick with one hand.. I usually move around and stay with the hot hand.. Jump mid shoe especially after dealer has hot hands..
    I also play bet behind with certain high betting players..

I am thinking about implementing this strategy..

Have 3 accounts that I will only play once a day

Have a goal of winning $200 a day from each account

Have a starting bank roll of $500 for each account..

Have a timer for 10 mins at a time.. If I win $200 I stop and move onto the next account.. If I win a minimum of $100 when 10 mins expires I also move along

I just believe do it this way keeps your mindset equal all the time.. Because when you bank roll increases your bets increase and your mindset changes..

There are times I start with $200 and it becomes $2000 within an hour but I can lose it all back the next day in like 10 mins..
    I have a horrible mindset of chasing and trying to win back the peak amount I was at and it actually makes it worst and snowball to a 0 balance..

I think this strategy will work..

I would appreciate any thoughts or tweeks for this

money management is so hard.. I know I can win but just keeping the winnings and not giving it back chasing I need to fix

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    We assume you aren't a counter. If that is the case, nothing you have written above will make the slightest bit of difference; in the end, you will lose all your money. You can't beat the game with "money management"; you have to beat it with skill.

Don

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarket View Post
    money management is so hard.
    IF IT WORKS , just make a system and LET SOMEONE else work and you watch them play . That way they won't tilt . You will lose still all your money eventually, cause it doesn't work. It is so sad to see people believe in such BS when there is so much resource and good info out there.

My parents told me if you are not smart or educated follow the smarter people. i take advice from more educated and more intelligent people. You should too!

Money Management is the undoing of many good APs, and I hate to burst your bubble, that is the least of your problems.

If you've been lucky so far, great. But please understand that is just good variance. You are likely going to lose your money unless you learn how to BEAT THE GAME. Learn basic strategy. Then learn to count. Then learn a BETTING structure so you can win money within the constraints of your bankroll.

I was going to say you're putting the cart before the horse, but in all truth your plan has nothing to do with winning at blackjack. You might as well be shooting craps. So no cart and horse analogy....

No cart and no horse and eventually no pot to pee in without learning how to truly gain an advantage.

What resources are you referring to? Any books you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    IF IT WORKS , just make a system and LET SOMEONE else work and you watch them play . That way they won't tilt . You will lose still all your money eventually, cause it doesn't work. It is so sad to see people believe in such BS when there is so much resource and good info out there.
    what resources are you referring to?

Modern blackjack by Norm on THIS site, the many many books on the subject, CVBJ set of programs also available on qfit.com. Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong, Blackjack Attack, Blackbelt in blackjack, Beat the Dealer is only 40 years old....Google will do better than the above system. PM me for more

Not to mention that you need a bankroll of a minimum of 400 max bets...500 is one hand more often than entire roll.

"Beat the Dealer is only 40 years old."

You might want to reconsider that calculation. It's almost 57 years old!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by dharmaprija View Post
    Not to mention that you need a bankroll of a minimum of 400 max bets...500 is one hand more often than entire roll.
    Let's not overstate things and scare him off. By your math, no one with less than $10,000 would ever bet more than $25 - absurdly conservative.

Also read the post by Matt21 at blackinfo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast