Thread: CVBJ Software- Tips and Tricks for a Newbie?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVBJ Software- Tips and Tricks for a Newbie?

Hi there- I primarily play single-deck using BS, and am learning more AP skills by browsing lots of forums such as this, and watching lots of YouTube videos. I purchased the CVBJ and CVCS progams today, and now feel "official." However, I'm finding there's a steep learning curve to becoming familiar with the software, and trying to customize the basic strategy with indexes.

So far, I'm able to play BJ to practice counting, but that's about it. I'll keep poking around on it, but I'm not finding the CVBJ very intuitive, especially after reading the Help articles, which (to me) aren't very user-friendly. I know it's a VERY powerful program, but wonder if I'm in over my head.

Is anyone aware of some basic tips and tricks on using CVBJ that might have already been posted? I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!
    Last edited by HomeyCat; 01-14-2019 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Clarified help wanted with the software, not BJ in general

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Sorry- I meant tips and tricks for using the CVBJ software, not just about BJ in general.

CVBJ Software- Tips and Tricks for a Newbie?

Speaking on the tabs at the top once you are in the table format. Options-settings is where you will be selecting anything relating to the game (# decks, rules, dealer speed, any side bet games, etc.) as well as True Count estimation, resolution, etc. Strategies is the other tab you will use the most. Playing Strategies you can select count, view its index plays (which may change depending on the decks/rules selected above), create/edit counts, etc. Betting Strategies you identify your unit size, bet spread, create complex betting strategies for use (good for things like dont raise your bet after loss or lower it after a win)

Under the View tab, the bet bar eliminates having to drag your chips to/from the betting circle every hand.

The Dashboard area on the right side of screen...using the statistics grid widget to show # Aces dealt/remaining to learn an ace side count for use with a neutral main count (Hi Opt 2, Omega 2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pucklines; 01-15-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks for your help. I'm diving back into this after a year of letting it sit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucklines View Post
    Speaking on the tabs at the top once you are in the table format. Options-settings is where you will be selecting anything relating to the game (# decks, rules, dealer speed, any side bet games, etc.) as well as True Count estimation, resolution, etc. Strategies is the other tab you will use the most. Playing Strategies you can select count, view its index plays (which may change depending on the decks/rules selected above), create/edit counts, etc. Betting Strategies you identify your unit size, bet spread, create complex betting strategies for use (good for things like dont raise your bet after loss or lower it after a win)

Under the View tab, the bet bar eliminates having to drag your chips to/from the betting circle every hand.

The Dashboard area on the right side of screen...using the statistics grid widget to show # Aces dealt/remaining to learn an ace side count for use with a neutral main count (Hi Opt 2, Omega 2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a boot camp for learning. Maybe a 2 hour session for a small fee.