See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cvcx ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Cvcx ?

Have been counting cards approx. 1 yr, trying to build my bankroll, just had 4 losing sessions in a row - so I don't want to invest in CVCX currently. I think my bet spread might be incorrect. wondering if anyone would check if my spread is ok, or let me know what it should be? I play six deck, my bet spread is 1 to 5 units, I use KO . Rules are: DAS allowed, Dealer hits soft 17, No Surrender. Thanks, very much appreciated.

For six deck you need more than a 1 to 5 spread. Think something like a 1 to 10 spread.

Without knowing min bet and bankroll your question is not answerable, but you should really invest in CVCX, it is a great piece of software that gives you a lot of information about risk and reward and is invaluable for comparing different counting opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    For six deck you need more than a 1 to 5 spread. Think something like a 1 to 10 spread.
    Why?

This depends on your wonging strategy.

My bankroll is 1200 currently (I know its probably not enough), so bet spread is 10 - 50

I try to wong in when deck becomes favorable, but tables are usually full, so I sit and wait for the new shoe. and i always wong out after one or two decks is count is not favorable. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cole trickle View Post
    I try to wong in when deck becomes favorable, but tables are usually full, so I sit and wait for the new shoe. and i always wong out after one or two decks is count is not favorable. Thanks
    Back counting doesn't require a spread and you don't need to spread much to get the benefits of spreading. The more negative EV counts you play, the larger your spread needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Why?
    Yeah, MWP. Why?

It's not how I would choose to spend my time, but he can spread 10-50 and make $35/hr.

Try to find time to play during off-hours for less possible crowding. If you must play at full tables and you are waiting for a new shoe, sometimes don't start playing the new shoe and jump in after a few hands depending on the count. Hopefully, you piss off some of the ploppies and they change tables as you are disrupting the flow of the cards.

Just like Three said:

"
    The more negative EV counts you play, the larger your spread needs to be."
    Last edited by BoSox; 01-07-2019 at 08:41 AM.

My bankroll is 1200 currently (I know its probably not enough), so bet spread is 10 - 50
    Playing with 24 max bets I'd say your ROR is 100%. Get a job and / or some over time and build that bankroll, come back to the tables when you have 5k saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Playing with 24 max bets I'd say your ROR is 100%. Get a job and / or some over time and build that bankroll, come back to the tables when you have 5k saved.
    Under the absolutely most favorable conditions I can squeeze $10/hr out of that bankroll and get $10/hr at 13.3%ROR

Good information, thanks all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast