Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Count Calculation for Various Editions of Professional Blackjack

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    Ole,

Did you mean 16 versus 10 in your examples? The index for 16 versus 6 is certainly much lower than -1.

Dog Hand
    oops, all are 12, not 16. 12v6. 12 vs. 6 in 6D S17. The index is --1 for S17, --3 for H17. I shouldn't have text ... oh
    Remember kids, never text and drive!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I don't like to worry about BS. I have and index for a decision.
    If it is a hit/stand decision you stand at or above the index.
    It just adds an extra step and a possible cause for confusion to ...
    You and me both, the index number has taken over each play's position in my consciousness and displaced the BS images for most plays.
    I too prefer the most published style of taking action "at or above" the index. Thereby alternatives, like "otherwise hit," occur only below the index. Anything different is confusing.

But I wanted to emphasize this seemingly mundane standard practice that we use, because I know for a fact that many other good people have learned to do it differently. They say instead, "Hit at or below --#" for all the negative indices. This is doable, but too confusing for my taste.

I hope that people who have questions similar to the OP's, and are perhaps using the "Hit at or below --#" methodology will recognize they have to also take their own personal method into account as well as the consideration of Flooring vs. Truncating when deciphering others' published works. Especially for negative indices.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12