Thread: Hi opt II ASC question.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hi opt II ASC question.

I have question about hi opt II with ace side count. So let's say we are playing a double deck game, I noticed on the indeces for this system, the max bet count is much higher than for high low, and also the count on which you would double things like 10 vs 10, and splitting tens, is much higher I am assuming because the ace is not counted for the indexes. So lets say that the running count is +5 and there is 1 deck remaining. 3 aces have been dealt so there is now a surplus of aces. So we would add one to the RC to get a running count of +6. But for playing strategy we would not count the ace? What about for certain indexes where the ave is very important like the examples above?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubz274 View Post
    I have question about hi opt II with ace side count. So let's say we are playing a double deck game, I noticed on the indeces for this system, the max bet count is much higher than for high low, and also the count on which you would double things like 10 vs 10, and splitting tens, is much higher I am assuming because the ace is not counted for the indexes. So lets say that the running count is +5 and there is 1 deck remaining. 3 aces have been dealt so there is now a surplus of aces. So we would add one to the RC to get a running count of +6. But for playing strategy we would not count the ace? What about for certain indexes where the ave is very important like the examples above?

Most likely the reason the index for doubling 10 vs T under HOII vs High Low is due to the way the cards are tagged in HOII. Since HOII is a level 2 system (and the fact that we are ignoring the Ace for things like 10 vs T) you would see much different index values.

Concerning your Ace side count conundrum: You have a RC of 5 with 1 deck left, effectively a TC of 5. You also have 5 Aces left in the shoe, or in this case, a surplus of 1 Ace. The RC is adjusted for the surplus ace and a new betting TC is computed: (RC 5 + 2) / 1 = TC 7. If I remember correctly, at this point you are well above the 2% advantage point and should be betting your max bet (whatever that number of units it may be!)

Proper adjustments to HOII RC for playing decision such as 10 vs T with the ASC; for your given example: You would take your current TC and add the multiple of each surplus Ace times (2?) and compute the next TC for *playing* a proper double 10 vs T: (RC 5 + ASC +1 * 2) / 1 = TC 7. You should be well above the index value for doubling 10 vs T with the given information.

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    Most likely the reason the index for doubling 10 vs T under HOII vs High Low is due to the way the cards are tagged in HOII. Since HOII is a level 2 system (and the fact that we are ignoring the Ace for things like 10 vs T) you would see much different index values.

Concerning your Ace side count conundrum: You have a RC of 5 with 1 deck left, effectively a TC of 5. You also have 5 Aces left in the shoe, or in this case, a surplus of 1 Ace. The RC is adjusted for the surplus ace and a new betting TC is computed: (RC 5 + 2) / 1 = TC 7. If I remember correctly, at this point you are well above the 2% advantage point and should be betting your max bet (whatever that number of units it may be!)

Proper adjustments to HOII RC for playing decision such as 10 vs T with the ASC; for your given example: You would take your current TC and add the multiple of each surplus Ace times (2?) and compute the next TC for *playing* a proper double 10 vs T: (RC 5 + ASC +1 * 2) / 1 = TC 7. You should be well above the index value for doubling 10 vs T with the given information.
    If there is a surplus of 1 ace, wouldn't the RC be +6? Why are we adding +2 for 1 extra ace? Or for ace side count is one ace surplus counted as +2 for the RC?

Last edited by Ldubz274; 01-04-2019 at 02:28 AM.

If there is a surplus of 1 ace, wouldn't the RC be +6? Why are we adding +2 for 1 extra ace? Or for ace side count is one ace surplus counted as +2 for the RC?

No.

Since you are using HOII, the ASC adjustment is 2 for each surplus/deficit Ace, because the EOR of the Ace is similar to that of the T, whose tag is -2. That is for every deficit Ace in the shoe, we add -2 to the HOII RC and for every surplus Ace in the shoe, we add +2 to the HOII RC. The Ace behaves like a T for betting purposes.

You also need to understand that there are two ways we can use the Ace side count: One for betting, and one for playing. For betting the Ace will always be 2. Always! Now, for betting, you need to find your ASC table to get the right values for adjusting the RC for playing.

That is, you will be using the HOII RC for both betting and playing, usually ending up with two different numbers at times!

If there is a surplus of 1 ace, wouldn't the RC be +6? Why are we adding +2 for 1 extra ace?
    That is the proper betting weight for the A, mostly because the T is counted as -2, so is the A as their betting EoRs are similar.
    Or for ace side count is one ace surplus counted as +2 for the RC?
    Yes.

The ace adjustment for plays vary by matchup. For 10vT you subtract 4 for each DEFICIT ace, so with one surplus ace you add 4 to the RC of +1 to get a RC of +5 and in your hypothetical a TC of +5.