Thread: J just missed out huge KB side bet

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

J just missed out huge KB side bet

Last night I played DD h17 games with two other players and didn't even try any Kings bounty side bets.Suddenly, I spread two hands with my max bets out on TC 10(Hi-opt2 count system) and received two kings of spades AND dealer hit BJ. So I was totally pissed off and missed such a life changing opportunity(1000:1 pay out). Whats the optimal striking point for Hi-Opt2 count ?I remember RA index is 12.Wow,I just fucked my life with these risk adverse indices instead of EV maximization.

Obviously a heart wrenching situation. But I think it's important to always look at your mistakes in terms of what they are costing you long term. I would never be mad at myself for not making a play or bet, no matter what I missed out on, if it wasn't the long term mathematically correct move. If you decided using risk averse indexes was the best in your situation, and played accordingly, you can't blame yourself there.

Nonetheless I can fully understand your pain. But still, that's thinking more like a gambler than an AP. And thinking like a gambler will lead to pain.

In hindsight I think there is much we would all do differently, but we simply try to make the best decisions we can with the info we have at the time, applying to more than just bj

Quote Originally Posted by pokerfan View Post
    Last night I played DD h17 games with two other players and didn't even try any Kings bounty side bets.Suddenly, I spread two hands with my max bets out on TC 10(Hi-opt2 count system) and received two kings of spades AND dealer hit BJ. So I was totally pissed off and missed such a life changing opportunity(1000:1 pay out). Whats the optimal striking point for Hi-Opt2 count ?I remember RA index is 12.Wow,I just fucked my life with these risk adverse indices instead of EV maximization.
    No disrespect, but it looks like you have a maturity problem. In addition, if the payouts were life changing, it would seem you don’t have the requisite bankroll in any event.

Further, regardless of risk averse or not, the strike point is the strike point when it comes to the side bet. I think the strike point for double deck is hi lo 5, for shoe at hi lo 7. I’ll leave it to you to make the necessary conversions.

Last but not least, it also seems like you have no clue of the strike points. However, if you spread to 2 with max bets out. It would seem that you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    No disrespect, but it looks like you have a maturity problem. In addition, if the payouts were life changing, it would seem you don’t have the requisite bankroll in any event.

Further, regardless of risk averse or not, the strike point is the strike point when it comes to the side bet. I think the strike point for double deck is hi lo 5, for shoe at hi lo 7. I’ll leave it to you to make the necessary conversions.

Last but not least, it also seems like you have no clue of the strike points. However, if you spread to 2 with max bets out. It would seem that you were there.
    One last point for Poker fan, if the payout was like changing, EV maximizing will break you due to increased variance. Further, it’s questionable if you’re financed enough for RA indices.

I think the strike point for double deck is hi lo 5, for shoe at hi lo 7. I’ll leave it to you to make the necessary conversions.
    And since aces are not even advantageous in KB, it's fair to assume the strike point will be, if anything, lower than +5 rather than higher, with his non ace reckoned count in this DD game, no?

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    And since aces are not even advantageous in KB, it's fair to assume the strike point will be, if anything, lower than +5 rather than higher, with his non ace reckoned count in this DD game, no?
    I think you mean the hi opt 2 equivalent to hi lo 5. I think that issue is already accounted for in the conversion, but I would let the hi opt players chime in to confirm.

I think you mean the hi opt 2 equivalent to hi lo 5. I think that issue is already accounted for in the conversion, but I would let the hi opt players chime in to confirm.
    Not particularly concerned, just thinking that even for "risk averse" +12 as OP stated seems way too high ...

I believe that TC10 is super close to Hiopt2 triggered point.They allow side bets up to $100.In the heat of the moment, I didn't even think about betting $1 on KB.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerfan View Post

In the heat of the moment, I didn't even think about betting $1 on KB.
    So, in other words, you got too excited with the count.

Most of my Side bet games are lucky lucky. I’ve had suited 7’s 4 times. Two times I had money down, winning 200=1. Twice I had nothing down. I pick my spots. I miss lots of payoffs, but save a shitload If money. I can’t co7nt the number of times I’ve taken the “shot”, and picked up 15 or 30 to 1.

You need to relax and keep a grip on your emotions. It’s okay for critters to think you’re on tilt. It’s not okay to be on tilt.

So, in other words, you got too excited with the count.

Most of my Side bet games are lucky lucky. I’ve had suited 7’s 4 times. Two times I had money down, winning 200=1. Twice I had nothing down. I pick my spots. I miss lots of payoffs, but save a shitload If money. I can’t co7nt the number of times I’ve taken the “shot”, and picked up 15 or 30 to 1.

You need to relax and keep a grip on your emotions. It’s okay for critters to think you’re on tilt. It’s not okay to be on tilt.
    OP can clarify but what I believe happened is he was under the index. Period. He later considered he could have made a tiny bet on it even though it was -EV. He made the right technical decision.

No payout should be "life changing" IMO, except in very very rare circumstances (EG: You find a play where you're playing megabucks or wheel of fortune and you hit the big salami.).
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Do you guys all use RA triggered point to attack KB &Luck Lady side bet?
    KB DD payout table:
    Two Kings of Spades + Dealers Blackjack): 1,000 to 1
    Two Kings of Spades :100 to 1
    Two Suited Kings: 30 to 1
    Two Suited 10s Jacks or Queens: 20 to 1
    Suited 20: 9 to 1
    Two Kings: 6 to 1
    Non-suited20: 4 to 1