See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: Adding AA78mTc side count to High Low

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It is trivial to create a system that beats Hi-Opt II ASC. Just make it more complex. Your system, in my mind and the mind of others here, is more complex. And now, you'll repeast again. Boring.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It is trivial to create a system that beats Hi-Opt II ASC. Just make it more complex. Your system, in my mind and the mind of others here, is more complex. And now, you'll repeast again. Boring.

It is far from trivial to add additional side counts and make sure that they fit in perfectly with other counts being used.

You made a statement once that EoR cannot be used with the KO which is a crazy statement which I showed not to be true. And Don Schlesinger made a statement the Weighted CC cannot be used to predict simulation results.

I showed both of you to have made incorrect statements.

I used EoR to develop my KO system which beat HO2 w ASC and it was NOT trivial to do!!

And I used weighted CC for PE and betting CC for BE to prediction simulation results and every prediction I made came true.

ETFAN is the true expert as far as I am concerned. He helped correct errors I made in my initial development of my Excel index generator program and he did not make mistakes. And you also discredited ETFAN, a true blackjack expert, who did not make the same mistakes that you and Don Schlesinger made. ETFAN is a true professional.

So both of you made mistakes that I corrected. And now you are also crying that adding and multiply small integers, first grade math, is to difficult for you.

I have shown that my analysis was correct, I have shown that both you and Don made mistakes.

This sure took a turn. How do I put this kindly? What an arrogant prick you are. Don and Norm have forgotten more about BJ than you'll ever understand. Go argue with Ole's excellent post showing why your creation is trivial.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post
    It is far from trivial to add additional side counts and make sure that they fit in perfectly with other counts being used.
    Braun did this decades ago.

You made a statement once that EoR cannot be used with the KO which is a crazy statement which I showed not to be true. And Don Schlesinger made a statement the Weighted CC cannot be used to predict simulation results.

I showed both of you to have made incorrect statements.
    Unfortunate that you believe this.

I used EoR to develop my KO system which beat HO2 w ASC and it was NOT trivial to do!!
    Not trivial for you.

And I used weighted CC for PE and betting CC for BE to prediction simulation results and every prediction I made came true.
    You didn't predict simulation results. You predicted a higher SCORE for a more difficult strategy. There's a difference.

ETFAN is the true expert as far as I am concerned. He helped correct errors I made in my initial development of my Excel index generator program and he did not make mistakes. And you also discredited ETFAN, a true blackjack expert, who did not make the same mistakes that you and Don Schlesinger made. ETFAN is a true professional.
    It is unfortunate that you believed in ETFan that much. This is likely at the heart of your problem. He has written papers which are laughable. His last paper had to be heavily redacted to remove numerous incorrect statements.

o both of you made mistakes that I corrected. And now you are also crying that adding and multiply small integers, first grade math, is to difficult for you.

I have shown that my analysis was correct, I have shown that both you and Don made mistakes.
    Believe what you wish. But, repeating over and over and over doesn't help.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

I’ll give an example of ETF’s work. He wrote a paper comparing OPP (a junk count) with HiLo. He determined that HiLo wasn’t that much better, but much more difficult. He ran HiLo with no indices, no insurance, and no true count betting. His argument was that it wouldn’t be fair to compare OPP with HiLo unless HiLo was used without a TC since OPP didn’t have a TC. Ignore the fact that HiLo in this manner is not HiLo. Counting depends on some manner of taking into account remaining cards. OPP has this. Any RC system has this. HiLo has it too. It’s called TC. If you remove TC from HiLo, it can’t take into account remaining cards. So, his conclusion was that OPP was easier than HiLo but close to as good (so long as you cripple HiLo). What’s more ridiculous is HiLo with no indices, and no TC, is actually easier than OPP, yet still better.

Like saying I can shoot better than LeBron James, so long as you tie his arms behind his back. (OK, he could still outshoot me.) ETF simply does not have a basic understanding of strategy comparison, no matter how many of us have tried to explain it to him.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I think Norm has been infinitely patient with this thread -- much more than I ever would have been on Don's Domain. But bjanalyst has shown himself to be an immature child, with the obsession of having to have the last word and repeating, ad nauseam, claims that absolutely no one is interested in anymore. This thread needs to end. It engenders a great deal more heat than light, and is leading nowhere.

Bjanalyst is of the ilk that believes if you pound someone over the head repeatedly enough times, he/she will ultimately have to come around to his way of thinking. It's the sign of a lack of intelligence and a deficiency in the ability to debate skillfully.

Finally, as far as the personal insults hurled my way and Norm's go, the refinery summed that up best: "What an arrogant prick you are. Don and Norm have forgotten more about BJ than you'll ever understand." And, that is undoubtedly true.

This thread has been given more latitude than just about any other one I've ever seen here. It's time to move on.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    I think Norm has been infinitely patient with this thread -- much more than I ever would have been on Don's Domain. But bjanalyst has shown himself to be an immature child, with the obsession of having to have the last word and repeating, ad nauseam, claims that absolutely no one is interested in anymore. This thread needs to end. It engenders a great deal more heat than light, and is leading nowhere.

Bjanalyst is of the ilk that believes if you pound someone over the head repeatedly enough times, he/she will ultimately have to come around to his way of thinking. It's the sign of a lack of intelligence and a deficiency in the ability to debate skillfully.

Finally, as far as the personal insults hurled my way and Norm's go, the refinery summed that up best: "What an arrogant prick you are. Don and Norm have forgotten more about BJ than you'll ever understand." And, that is undoubtedly true.

This thread has been given more latitude than just about any other one I've ever seen here. It's time to move on.

Don
    Why won't Norm just close this thread? Well, it is ultimately his forum.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Still 70 posts short of 1000.

It is trivial to create a system that beats Hi-Opt II ASC. Just make it more complex. Your system, in my mind and the mind of others here, is more complex. And now, you'll repast again. Boring.
    If I was wrong the users of this forum would have been all over me. No one has found any errors in any of my calculations or in anything I have posted.

After users attacked me by saying that my system could not beat HO2 w ASC was shown to be false what do they have left to attack me with. Of course, say my system is complex!

If users want me to calculate for the LS back counted shoe game KO with just 5m7c or KO with 5m7c and Am9c I will but only if they are polite. And I will not have any time to do that until next month.

Last edited by bjanalyst; 04-05-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    This sure took a turn. How do I put this kindly? What an arrogant prick you are. Don and Norm have forgotten more about BJ than you'll ever understand. Go argue with Ole's excellent post showing why your creation is trivial.
    I stand by the simulation results. My system beat HO2 w ASC and for the LS game beat it by a large amount.

I have been polite throughout these posts until recently because I have now been insulted again and again. It is just too much so I finally insulted back which I probably should not have done. There is supposed to be some etiquette and politeness. I will not insult anymore.

Users have the results of my system. If they don't like it don't use it but don't insult me either. Constructive criticism is OK, insults are never OK. So I will no longer insult and I expect the same from users of this forum.

Last edited by bjanalyst; 04-05-2019 at 02:31 AM.

I’ll give an example of ETF’s work. He wrote a paper comparing OPP (a junk count) with HiLo. He determined that HiLo wasn’t that much better, but much more difficult. He ran HiLo with no indices, no insurance, and no true count betting. His argument was that it wouldn’t be fair to compare OPP with HiLo unless HiLo was used without a TC since OPP didn’t have a TC. Ignore the fact that HiLo in this manner is not HiLo. Counting depends on some manner of taking into account remaining cards. OPP has this. Any RC system has this. HiLo has it too. It’s called TC. If you remove TC from HiLo, it can’t take into account remaining cards. So, his conclusion was that OPP was easier than HiLo but close to as good (so long as you cripple HiLo). What’s more ridiculous is HiLo with no indices, and no TC, is actually easier than OPP, yet still better.

Like saying I can shoot better than LeBron James, so long as you tie his arms behind his back. (OK, he could still outshoot me.) ETF simply does not have a basic understanding of strategy comparison, no matter how many of us have tried to explain it to him.
    I was unaware of this by ETFAN. All I know is that he helped me. And I the results of the sims show my analysis was correct.

At any rate, I do not like insulting anyone and I had refrained from insults until recently. I will not insult anymore but I also expect politeness from the users of this forum also.

I appreciate the constructive feedback I received and especially appreciate Gronbog's simulations.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    If users are polite and if they want me to analyze for the LS back counted game KO with 5m7c and KO with 5m7c and Am9c I will. That is all that is left to be done.

If not then the results of my system have been posted and there is nothing else to say.

And I apologize for being a bit rude in recent posts and especially if I offended anyone. I had not been rude until recently.

I do not like insulting but I also do not like being insulted and the insults finally got the better of me.

Always be polite and have proper etiquette. And I hope the users of this forum will also be polite going forward.

Blog Entries

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thanks for ending on a reasonably polite note.

At 935 posts, this is exhausted. Thread closed.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172