See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding AA78mTc side count to High Low

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is not about proving or disproving. In my experience the Sims show the measure of improvement of the system over other systems and thus can then be examined for a trade-off between improvement and difficulty. That's the real goal here.

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    This is not about proving or disproving. In my experience the Sims show the measure of improvement of the system over other systems and thus can then be examined for a trade-off between improvement and difficulty. That's the real goal here.
    Great. I hope sims can be done then.

By the way, my calculations were done for S17 game so I want to make sure that the sims, if done, are for dealer standing on Soft 17.

And as far as difficulty goes, AA78mTc is extremely easy to keep in the shoe game. There is PLENTY of time to update the AA78mTc in the shoe game and I explained how easy it is to keep AA78mTc in one of my first posts in this thread.

And using AA78mTc is extremely easy to do. You are just adding AA78mTc or a multiple of AA78mTc to the HL to calculate what I call a psrc = playing strategy running count = HL + k*(AA78mTc) and then use psrc to make playing strategy decisions.

So both keeping AA78mTc and using AA78mTc are very easy.

I personally use KO with AA89mTc but as I said earlier, I suggested sims on HL with AA78mTc since those sims will be much easier to do.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post
    If not then Gronbog said he would sim this if you can't so I told Gronbog to email you and you can then give him my email address.
    I now have bjanalyst's email address. I will be contacting him shortly to plan the simulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    I now have bjanalyst's email address. I will be contacting him shortly to plan the simulations.
    Great!! Please put on the subject line something like "Gronbog from blackjack forum" and also please post on this thread when you actually email me because sometimes my email goes to spam - AOL does that automatically - and then I would never see it. If you tell me you emailed me and I do not see it then I will check my spam folder.

This is EXCELLENT by the way and I thank you very much if you can do these simulations. I have taken a LOT of heat from just about every user of this site clamoring for simulations. Plus I am very interested in the results as are others on this site.

Again, thank you VERY much and I will be looking for your email. We can talk more details when you email me.

Below are some tips for keeping AA78mTc with the HL. With practice is it very easy to do and eventually you may even be able to keep both the HL and AA78mTc, which are both integers, in your head. But if you can't you can use chips or other props that I mention in this attached file.
    Tips for keeping AA78mTc.jpg

HI Norm

Thanks for replying. I do not want to get you in trouble so if you think you could get in trouble for doing a simulation of HL with AA78mTc then don't. I was happy without sims. It was not my idea to do simulations. I was happy just presenting my results But many of the readers of this post are the ones who wanted the simulations as many will not accept my results without the sims.

But I do thank you for your efforts. If you can do the sim without getting in trouble then great, but if you think you will get in trouble then don't. I do not want to put you on the spot.

If you can sim it then Gronbog will not have to. If not then Gronbog said he would sim this if you can't so I told Gronbog to email you and you can then give him my email address.

I deliberately chose to sim HL with AA78mTc to make your sim as simple as possible. I figured you already had HL sim software and I wanted to keep everything balanced to make the sim as simple as possible. I personally use KO with AA89mTc which is unbalanced and would probably be much more difficult to sim. Sim of HL with AA78mTc is enough to prove my point with the KO with AA89mTc also. I do not want to drive anyone crazy.

So again thanks for your efforts and do what you think is best.

Hi bjanalyst,

I would like more about your
    KO with AA89mTc counting system, could you please explain to me with an example ? is your this system suitable for 6 deck game ?

my email : [email protected]

Thanks

James

Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post
    Hi bjanalyst,

I would like more about your
    KO with AA89mTc counting system, could you please explain to me with an example ? is your this system suitable for 6 deck game ?

my email : [email protected]

Thanks

James
    Thanks for your interest. I recommend KO with AA89mTc but for simulation purposes I suggested using HL with AA78mTc because it is easier to simulate.

I have given some examples throughout this post but I have written three book so far and will be publishing a 4th book soon.

I have tried to avoid mentioning my books because my purpose in writing this post was not to promote my books. I wrote these books because I felt that I was analyzing blackjack in a way that was not done before and I enjoy the challenge. I wrote them more as a hobby than to make money but since you asked for detailed information that is why I am referring you to my books.

I did not want to abuse this site to promote my books as that was never my intentions. But since you are asking for more detailed information then I have to refer you to my books.

My third book is KO with 45m79c and AA89mTc (although I have decided to use 5m7c, also covered in this book, instead of 45m79c because 5m7c is almost as powerful but a lot easier to use so the title of my 3rd book is somewhat of a misnomer). But I recommend becoming familiar with KO with AA89mTc first and use that and then if you want to add a 2nd side count you can add 5m7c which helps with betting and hit/stand and late surrender hard 15 and hard 16 and more.

The ebooks can be bought online for only $3 or $4.

So just google KO with 45m79c and AA89mTc or go to amazon.com, for example, and do a search on BJANALYST
    and all of my books will come up. Or go to www.xlibris.com and do a search on bjanalyst. I think xlibris has my ebooks. Buy the ebook as it is only $3 or $4. If you are given a choice, buy the PDF version of my book. I believe the epub and mobi versions has some problem with resolution and they may be blurry.

My 4th book is High Low with plus/minus side counts. I wrote this book because many players refuse to switch the unbalanced KO and want to stick with the HL. I have, however, included in each section of the HL with a side count being analyzed an analysis of the corresponding KO with its side count for ease of comparison. I have also analyzed Spanish 21 using Katerina Walker's Hi-Low (which is unbalance with a pivot of a true count of 4 for Spanish 21 and so KO table of critical running count) with side counts also.

This 4th book which should be available next month is 700 pages. I have included a lot. So you can see that emailing is just out of the question because of the massive amount of material. You can just spend $3 or 4$ and buy the books.

If after reading these books if you have some questions, please post it on this website so everyone can benefit from me answering your questions.
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 12-28-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post

is your this system suitable for 6 deck game ?

bjanalyst's system is more suitable for playing than betting. He is adding it to Hi-lo and KO. Hi-lo and KO by itself already have 96% and 97% betting correlation, respectively. From what I understand the AA87mTc and AA89mTc doesn't help with betting at all. For a six and eight deck game betting is more important than playing. It might help improve insurance a little for six deck games but not a whole a lot.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Below is a table listing more playing strategy changes beyond hte Illustrious 18 that HL wiath AA78mTc helps with. When Gronbog contacts me about the simulations I will ask him what he wants to simulate either

(1) just insurance and hard 12 v 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6

(2) Just the 12 Illustrious 18 that AA78mTc helps the HL with

(3) The more complete strategy changes listed in the tables below.
    HL & AA78mTc strategy changes1.jpg
    HL & AA78mTc strategy changes2.jpg
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 12-28-2018 at 10:12 PM.

bjanalyst's system is more suitable for playing than betting. He is adding it to Hi-lo and KO. Hi-lo and KO by itself already have 96% and 97% betting correlation, respectively. From what I understand the AA87mTc and AA89mTc doesn't help with betting at all. For a six and eight deck game betting is more important than playing. It might help improve insurance a little for six deck games but not a whole a lot.

That is correct. AA89mTc when added to the KO helps just with playing strategy, not with betting. If you want to improve betting with the KO then use the side counts 45m79c or 5m7c. My 2nd book was KO with 45m79c because, like you, my main concern with the shoe game was betting. But with the Lucky Ladies bet, AA89mTc helps with the Lucky Ladies betting so it is definitely the side count to use when LL is offered. Also I have pointed out some camouflage plays if you use the AA89mTc with the KO that if the pit is tracking your play with just the HL or KO they will be baffled and perhaps assume you are not counting or are a bad counter.

KO + (1/2)*(45m79c) has a betting efficiency of 99.6% for the S17, DAS, LS game.
    KO + (1/2)*(5m7c) has a betting efficiency of 99.0% for the S17, DAS, LS game.

So if you are concerned only about betting efficiency then I refer you to my 2nd book, KO with 45m79c improves KO 96.5% betting efficiency to 99.6% for S17, DAS, LS surrender. It also helps with some strategy changes that can act as camouflage also. If you are only keeping one side count, then keeping 45m79c is not a big deal and easy to do but if you are keeping the AA89mTc and a 2nd side count to improve betting, the I would recommend 5m7c since it is almost as powerful as the 45m79c and a lot easier to use if you are keeping the AA89mTc as well.

I personally prefer using 5m7c instead of 45m79c with the KO since I am keeping AA89mTc also. As I explained above, trying to keep both 45m79c and AA89mTc is just too much and too confusing because too many ranks are being tracked. 5m7c is much easier to keep if you are keeping two side counts, i.e. if you are keeping AA89mTc for playing strategy with the KO and want to add a 2nd side count, you want to make that 2nd side count as easy as possible which is adding the 5m7c.

So if you are using large bet spreads and do not care much about increasing playing efficiency, then use KO with 45m79c. But if you want to maximize both playing and betting efficiency then use KO with AA89mTc and 5m7c.
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 12-28-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Below is a table listing more playing strategy changes beyond hte Illustrious 18 that HL wiath AA78mTc helps with. When
    Gronbog contacts me about the simulations I will ask him what he wants to simulate either

(1) just insurance and hard 12 v 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6

(2) Just the 12 Illustrious 18 that AA78mTc helps the HL with

(3) The more complete strategy changes listed in the tables below.
    Attachment 3330
    Attachment 3331
    Your attachment is invalid when I click to view it. You will need to fix it.

I think I just fixed the attachments. If you still have a problem please let me know.
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 12-28-2018 at 10:06 PM.

So if you are concerned only about betting efficiency then I refer you to my 2nd book, KO with 45m79c improves KO 96.5% betting efficiency to 99.6% for S17, DAS, LS surrender.
    Anybody correct me if I am wrong. bjanalyst keeps saying the betting correlation for KO is 96.5% but when I plug the tag values into the Blackjack card counting efficiency calculator it gives me 97.7%.

A- (-1)
    2-1
    3-1
    4-1
    5-1
    6-1
    7-1
    8-0
    9-0
    T-(-1)

BC = 97.7% PE = 55% IC= 78%

So how and where did you get 96.5% for KO's BC?

Secondly, I don't think side counting the 45m79 would improve the betting for KO to 99.6% maybe 99% or 99.2% to be exact.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 12-28-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast