See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Just Looking for Confirmation

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Just Looking for Confirmation

Last edited by Wave; 04-02-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    True counting an unbalanced count is actually pretty simple, but I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to do it. If you want to true count KO, start your count at -4 x the number of decks in play. To get the true count, divide your running count by the number of decks remaining just like you do for a balanced count. A neutral deck in TKO will always be a true count of -4, -3 corresponds to Hi-Lo +1, -2 is Hi-Lo +2, -1 is Hi-Lo +3, and 0 (the pivot of KO) is Hi-Lo +4. If you want to Wong out at Hi-Lo -1 you would Wong out at TKO -5. I've always felt like if you're going to go to the trouble of true counting you might as well go balanced, but I guess if you want to bounce back and forth between using it in running count mode and true count mode for different situations (hidden discard trays, etc.) that might be useful.
    Last edited by vegaskid; 04-02-2019 at 07:20 AM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I use REKO full with Color of Blackjack style betting ramps. I think that solves most of the unbalanced problem, and adds no additional steps or difficulty. You just need to memorize a couple more betting ramps. I highly recommend.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I start the count at zero (I prefer to deal with positive numbers). So generally with one deck played the ramps starts at 9, 2D 12, 3D 15, 4D 18, 5D 21. And as more decks are played the ramps become more steep. By the time you get to 5 decks played your entire ramp is from 21 - 24.

..and if the second or third deck played, how would you start ramping up?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    After the 2nd deck is played the advantage point is at 12 and the ramp starts there. After 3 decks you start ramping your bet at 15 - which is normally when you'd be ramping up using the KO count (providing you start the running count at zero).

I wonder what happened to Wave's posts. I swear I wasn't just talking to myself on this thread...

You mean the advantage point is at RC of 12?

Yes, that's correct RC at 12. If you started at 0.

and if RC of 9 happens to have at deck 3 then what?

I should have realized that you're just messing with me with stupid questions 3 posts ago. I guess I was a little slow on the uptake on that one...

No I actually Was not. This part of the book made me confused seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    No I actually Was not. This part of the book made me confused seriously.
    My mistake, sorry about that. At RC 9 at 3 decks you'd just go back to betting the minimum, or wong out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    I don't like to keep my posts up for too long, so I periodically delete them...but thanks for the great tip re: Color of Blackjack.
    That's really terrible form, Wave.