See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Rodeo in Las Vegas

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Rodeo in Las Vegas

I was listening to VSIN on XM radio this morning and one of the guests, Bill Krackenberg, made the comment "it's a great week/weekend for card counters in Las Vegas this week with all the cowboys in town. Just get a cowboy hat, some Western clothes and no heat."

This guy is a sports bettor, and to my knowledge, not a current card counter. Any truth to what he is saying?

Yes
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

yes

Note to self: plan a trip to LV next December when the rodeo comes to town.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I was there last weekend. Unfortunately, I cant quite make a credible cowboy given age and ethnicity. I dont make a credible AP either, lol. Though. a short trip, 15 hours of actual play, won $1800, some $1500 after expenses. Lots of folks in cowboy hats though not sure if they were cowboys or AP's.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Obviously you're going to have to play and look the part, too. If you're a 60 y/o scrawny Asian woman with inch-thick glasses, probably gonna be tough. If you're a 30-45 y/o tall, strong, white, male, then gonna be a lot easier. Be sure to order two coors lights -- one's for drinking and the other for spittin'. Grab a tin of copenhagen at the nearby 711 and you're good to go. Don't forget to rub some cow shit all over yourself, you gotta blend in, remember?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    If you're a 60 y/o scrawny Asian woman with inch-thick glasses
    But what if you say, "ni hao y'all" to the pit boss?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    But what if you say, "ni hao y'all" to the pit boss?
    No problem

https://youtu.be/_iC4IsKdHXU

A few dealers told me that a lot of the cowboys play crazy and split 10s, etc. That makes it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Iceberg, Greenberg...

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Iceberg, Greenberg...
    The saying “They died with their boots on” does not necessarily apply to Asian cowboys. When the gunfight is in the saloon, you need to take into account that they took their boots off at the door.