See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One simple Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

One simple Question

OK,

I have played a lot of Blackjack, Lost more then I care to admit and once in a while have I have had a good night.

My question is simple

Given the choice would you play at a table with a 6 deck hand shuffled shoe with a 100$ minimum bet and one other player at the table or would you take a table with an 8 deck hand shuffled shoe with a 25 $ minimum bet and a total of 4 players ?

The answer is not so simple I think

With my current bankroll? I would probably leave a got to another spot as I did last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin4 View Post
    Assuming an adequate BR, seems to be a no brainer.

OK,

I have played a lot of Blackjack, Lost more then I care to admit and once in a while have I have had a good night.

My question is simple

Given the choice would you play at a table with a 6 deck hand shuffled shoe with a 100$ minimum bet and one other player at the table or would you take a table with an 8 deck hand shuffled shoe with a 25 $ minimum bet and a total of 4 players ?

The answer lies in your bankroll. Can you afford playing a high-limit table as a black chipper?

OK,

My question is simple

Just like this forum to overlook the facts.

OP: do you count cards?

OK,

My question is simple

If you were a counter with an adequate bankroll, then it isn't possible that you would ask such a question. So, either the $100 game is too rich for your blood, or you aren't counting. If the latter, then clearly, you will lose your money almost seven times as fast at the $100 table than at the $25, so if you MUST play, that also is a no-brainer. Better still, don't play at all!

Don

The 200$ a hand table is not too rich for me at all ( on special event nights and crowded weekends sometimes those are the only available bets in the high stakes room ) and my average buy in is 5K

I do not count cards but I do pay attention.

Thats not what my question is based on, many here have the math to back up their theories, some of what I read leads me to believe that we do not have it right - ok before you start I know its not an exact science. But after sitting at a 100- 200$ per hand table and watch the dealer draw to 7 - yes count them 7 - black jacks in a row - I tend question everything - And this has happened on more than one occasion 7 in a row was the most I have seen.

The high stakes tables, for the most part, draw a different player - I suppose you could call them more skilled. The 1-25$ a hand tables seem to draw a different crowd ( don't get me wrong I like that crowd also ) But the 3-6 player low stakes 8 deck electronic shuffle tables can get to be a mess - but does that mess contribute to my wins or wreck them?

When a crowded low stakes table gets on a roll the energy seems to work against the house, its hard to get the energy up at a high stakes table with only 1 other player. Also on the lower stakes tables people,le seem to "jump in " for one or two hands.

Just some thoughts.

energy...hmmm...sounds like a Disadvantage Forum nominee

The 200$ a hand table is not too rich for me at all ( on special event nights and crowded weekends sometimes those are the only available bets in the high stakes room ) and my average buy in is 5K

Thats not what my question is based on, many here have the math to back up their theories, some of what I read leads me to believe that we do not have it right - ok before you start I know its not an exact science. But after sitting at a 100- 200$ per hand table and watch the dealer draw to 7 - yes count them 7 - black jacks in a row - I tend question everything - And this has happened on more than one occasion 7 in a row was the most I have seen.

The high stakes tables, for the most part, draw a different player - I suppose you could call them more skilled. The 1-25$ a hand tables seem to draw a different crowd ( don't get me wrong I like that crowd also ) But the 3-6 player low stakes 8 deck electronic shuffle tables can get to be a mess - but does that mess contribute to my wins or wreck them?

When a crowded low stakes table gets on a roll the energy seems to work against the house, its hard to get the energy up at a high stakes table with only 1 other player. Also on the lower stakes tables people,le seem to "jump in " for one or two hands.

Just some thoughts.

1.) If you don't count cards, you won't get "wins".
    2.) What do you mean with "electronic shuffle" tables - ASM or CSM?
    3.) There is no energy rolling or karma at the tables.
    4.) BJ is an exact science. It's pure mathematics.

Seems to belong to the Disadvantage Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2021 View Post
    energy...hmmm...sounds like a Disadvantage Forum nominee
    Hehe, high five :-)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Whatever that means

before you start I know its not an exact science.
    Yes, it is an exact science. It's called math.

The high stakes tables, for the most part, draw a different player - I suppose you could call them more skilled.
    But still playing a losing game

When a crowded low stakes table gets on a roll the energy seems to work against the house,
    Is this energy in quanta?

Go back to post #6. That sums in up in a nutshell. You're on the wrong forum to espouse voodoo theories.

Time for yellow, Norm. I knew this one was doomed from post #1.

Don

Don - I knew it as soon as I saw the $ after the number (from someone who appeared to be North American).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast