See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How's the Heat at Turtle Lake WI

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    I’m reading a book by Arnold Snyder (Blackbelt in Blackjack) and found this quote: “If you’re not in it for the fun as much as the money, you’ll never make it as a counter”. Wow, this could have been written by Zee himself.
    Only you would take the one quote in the book that I found fault with and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    I’ve learned a lot from Zee.
    That explains all the regressive ploppy-like questions you've been asking lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Have you made him into a God in your eyes?
    No. Zee has made a lot of mistakes. What I don't like however is there are a few folks here who just continue to criticize, and criticize him. They can never congratulate him on having a good year. I would guess Zee's win per hour this year is a lot better than many folks here. I know his win per hour is better than mine assuming his last month or so has not been disastrous.

Anyway, Zee and everyone should accept constructive criticism. It is the only way to improve our game, and that includes being called out when we are wrong. I remember it was just about 20 years ago that I made my first post on BJ21. My first post went something like this. "Hi folks, does everybody here think TARGET is the best thing since apple pie for playing blackjack." Then I remember Bootlegger making some comment to Don S about this newbie has a lot to learn. BJ21 was really the start of turning my game around and becoming a winning player.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Only you would take the one quote in the book that I found fault with and love it.
    I found a bit of a fault with the “true edge” crap in blackbelt. That was the book I used to originally learn counting, and his pushing of the true edge method for zen set me down the wrong path for years before correcting.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    I found a bit of a fault with the “true edge” crap in blackbelt. That was the book I used to originally learn counting, and his pushing of the true edge method for zen set me down the wrong path for years before correcting.
    The numerous nuggets 8 hav3 alluded to are elsewhere.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    They can never congratulate him on having a good year. I would guess Zee's win per hour this year is a lot better than many folks here.
    Perfect example of what I stated a couple of posts up.

A good year is statistically meaningless. Assuming he plays 10 hours/wk at 100 hph, that's 1000 hands/wk, or 50000 hands/year. For his low quality games, that's probably 10K hands below the N0.

His win/hour is meaningless, too. Everybody knows his games and his spread. His theo hourly win rate, IF he played correctly, is probably $30/hour. His positive variance, assuming he's not lying about his results, means nothing.

You need to think in mathematical terms, not ploppy voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Perfect example of what I stated a couple of posts up.

A good year is statistically meaningless. Assuming he plays 10 hours/wk at 100 hph, that's 1000 hands/wk, or 50000 hands/year. For his low quality games, that's probably 10K hands below the N0.

His win/hour is meaningless, too. Everybody knows his games and his spread. His theo hourly win rate, IF he played correctly, is probably $30/hour. His positive variance, assuming he's not lying about his results, means nothing.

You need to think in mathematical terms, not ploppy voodoo.
    Newer players should pay attention to this excellent above quote. 21forme's post just put the realities of what this game is all about. False senses of thinking that your game is above reproach and that you cannot possibly suffer some large size negative swings all based on some short-term positive results are going to learn a real hard lesson. Nice post forme.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123