See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Index variations

  1. #21


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    In practice, I expect it's going to cost you less than a penny per hour if you elect one over the other given that you would most likely have a minimum bet out. It's one of those where you can incorporate in your act, maybe ask the pit of the dealer or ploppies what you should do.

    There are times when some poppy has a $50 or $100 bet or more out, I am sitting with a 13 vs 2 on a $5 bet and asking what to do might help you out if you follow their recommendation. If they say to hit and you do and as a result the dealer busts, everyone is happy. If you take the dealers bust card and the dealer wins, no one blames you because you asked. If people say to do what you want, no one blames you as you asked and they did not advise.

    Some people say, screw everyone else and play what you think is correct but on these close decisions, but if you like a table with harmony and comraderie, it costs little or nothing to refer to others on occasion.
    Zee
    You’ve hit it. Best time to deviate from proper play is as you have described, and for several reasons. The ploppy at MY table is betting 2x several hundreds of dollars, and I have min 25 out. I will say (and for the pit to hear), I have 25 out and you have a shitload out, and I don’t give a shit if I hit or stay. Do you have a preference?

    Win or lose, there is Khama, and the pit lives a happy table, and a happy whale. More importantly for you, you’ve scored brownie points with the pit.

  2. #22


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Zee
    You’ve hit it. Best time to deviate from proper play is as you have described, and for several reasons. The ploppy at MY table is betting 2x several hundreds of dollars, and I have min 25 out. I will say (and for the pit to hear), I have 25 out and you have a shitload out, and I don’t give a shit if I hit or stay. Do you have a preference?

    Win or lose, there is Khama, and the pit lives a happy table, and a happy whale. More importantly for you, you’ve scored brownie points with the pit.
    This is excellent advice! It’s something you won’t read in books (who knows you might learn it at a bootcamp. Lol). It’s something I learned on my own a long time ago through common sense. When I have my min bet out there and the play is close to the index number, I’ll let the big player at the table make the decision for me. This is how ploppies think (it’s polite to defer to the person with big money on the table so you don’t mess him up, lol) so I go with it. The table likes you, the big player likes you, and the pit likes you. There is no down side to having harmony at the table.

    I’ve also found another plus for doing this. Many times the big player will let you stay at the table when he asks the pit to raise the table min up to $100. I’ve played at a $100 min table with one other big player when all the DD tables are full and I’m allowed to still bet $10. People will walk by and ask the pit why I’m allowed to play at this table and they aren’t. The pit answers because the big player wants me at the table, and I don’t want to bet more than $10. This has happened to me several times. I’ve been able to spread pretty good when the big player is going from black to purple. I’ll be cruising along with my $10 min bets and then go up to $150 and nobody bats an eye. I’ll also “help him out” by spreading to two hands to “change up the cards”. I always ask him first and won’t do it if he doesn’t want me to. He usually says yes...and I obviously only do this when the count is positive.

    Now, I’ll probably get a reply from someone that I should be carefully playing in the wake of a whale. It’s good advice and I am careful. When a casino is full on weekends you can get away with a lot. I would never do some of these things when the casino is slow.

  3. #23


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Smells like bullshit in here

  4. #24


    0 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    Smells like bullshit in here
    Thanks therefinery! That’s a compliment! It looks like I’ve come up with a play that’s so advanced that seasoned APs like yourself question if it’s even possible.

  5. #25


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    I’ve also found another plus for doing this. Many times the big player will let you stay at the table when he asks the pit to raise the table min up to $100. I’ve played at a $100 min table with one other big player when all the DD tables are full and I’m allowed to still bet $10. People will walk by and ask the pit why I’m allowed to play at this table and they aren’t. The pit answers because the big player wants me at the table, and I don’t want to bet more than $10. This has happened to me several times. I’ve been able to spread pretty good when the big player is going from black to purple. I’ll be cruising along with my $10 min bets and then go up to $150 and nobody bats an eye. I’ll also “help him out” by spreading to two hands to “change up the cards”. I always ask him first and won’t do it if he doesn’t want me to. He usually says yes...and I obviously only do this when the count is positive.
    "
    I’ve been able to spread pretty
    good
    when the big player is going from black to purple."

    You through more bullshit than a politician.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Gramazeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    885


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    I think you are wrong. I can provide this program for you to test. My software quite accurately and instantly copes with all tasks. Don, Norm ? Where Dog Hand ? One of my condition- You must give a your public rating for this software.
    I repeat...
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

  7. #27


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    but if you like a table with harmony and comraderie,
    I don't. The last thing I want is some ploppie to think I am their friend so they stick around slowing down my game.

  8. #28


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'd be more than happy to try the program Grama! To refine & BO, c'mon guys we all know how easy it is playing black to orange and then down to reds. I do it all the time at my single deck, S17, RSA4, DAS, split any 2, Double any, Free Bet, 6 card no bust, bj 2:1, dealer 22 pays 2:1, local game.

  9. #29


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    ... I'll have what he's having.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Senior Member Gramazeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    885


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dharmaprija View Post
    I'd be more than happy to try the program Grama! To refine & BO, c'mon guys we all know how easy it is playing black to orange and then down to reds. I do it all the time at my single deck, S17, RSA4, DAS, split any 2, Double any, Free Bet, 6 card no bust, bj 2:1, dealer 22 pays 2:1, local game.
    If you are ready to give a mathematical review of this program, then I am ready to send it to you.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dravot's Color of Blackjack Index versus REKO Index 6 Deck
    By MercySakesAlive in forum Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2017, 02:27 PM
  2. -bc-: BS variations
    By -bc- in forum Theory & Math
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 01:27 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 01:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.