Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
In practice, I expect it's going to cost you less than a penny per hour if you elect one over the other given that you would most likely have a minimum bet out. It's one of those where you can incorporate in your act, maybe ask the pit of the dealer or ploppies what you should do.

There are times when some poppy has a $50 or $100 bet or more out, I am sitting with a 13 vs 2 on a $5 bet and asking what to do might help you out if you follow their recommendation. If they say to hit and you do and as a result the dealer busts, everyone is happy. If you take the dealers bust card and the dealer wins, no one blames you because you asked. If people say to do what you want, no one blames you as you asked and they did not advise.

Some people say, screw everyone else and play what you think is correct but on these close decisions, but if you like a table with harmony and comraderie, it costs little or nothing to refer to others on occasion.
Zee
You’ve hit it. Best time to deviate from proper play is as you have described, and for several reasons. The ploppy at MY table is betting 2x several hundreds of dollars, and I have min 25 out. I will say (and for the pit to hear), I have 25 out and you have a shitload out, and I don’t give a shit if I hit or stay. Do you have a preference?

Win or lose, there is Khama, and the pit lives a happy table, and a happy whale. More importantly for you, you’ve scored brownie points with the pit.